Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Tdci Wont Start When Warm??

regan24

hey all,

im new to the forum, but need some me advice. i bought a 2006 fiesta 1.4 tdci about 3 weeks ago, i test drove it and it was perfect start to finish. once i paid for it and started driving home it was fine until i stopped to fill it up with fuel. the car wouldnt start, it would turn over and you can hear it trying but nothing. i rung evans halshaw up and they sent a recovery truck, in the mean time the car finally started. they told me once it got back to the garage that it wont start when its warm but will when it is cold, something to do with fuel not getting to the engine when its warm. they have replaced the fuel rail and sent the injectors away for inspection (they passed) but still i have the same problem. is there any advice here which i can tell the garage?

Glow plug relay. Brown relay near the battery. Check to see if its got a build uo of corrosion. They should of checked it if they went thru the pin point tests on ford etis. (Well i would of) that can cause it to not start or just turn over when warm or when t thinks its warm etc. And for sake of maybe 15 quid it worth it to just see if that could be a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

My cousin had a similar issue to yourself. I changed the glow plug relay for her and it was fine.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

The glow plugs may come on but they are not needed on a warm engine to get it started. A common rail diesel will start from cold without glow plugs even at low temperatures. The glow plugs coming on when warm will only be to help get the emissions down quicker.

Personally I think your problem is elsewhere.

I will mention to the garage about the glowplugs, the car is under warranty anyway so all work done for free. They haven't got a clue after speaking to them earlier, the way it's going I'll have a lot of new parts as they seem to be replacing everything haha

I will mention to the garage about the glowplugs, the car is under warranty anyway so all work done for free. They haven't got a clue after speaking to them earlier, the way it's going I'll have a lot of new parts as they seem to be replacing everything haha

Glowplug relay not glowplugs. The glowplugs should be ok. The relay otself is the common issue

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

sorry forgot to say relay in my last reply, they said they will let me know tomorrow as they are closed now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club