Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reprogramming Pcm With As Built Data

martinctb

Hope there is a tech who can help, im trying to reprogramme the PCM on my 2010 Focus with the As Built data reason when i try to do a new install it fails and tells me to do a PMI. I have IDS but when i go into the Programming section then click As Built there is no pull down for PCM. Can anyone shed light on this and how i do it.

As far as I know reprogramming of the PCM using AS-BUILT data is not possible using the standard procedure of Ford IDS. Nevertheless there is an alternative method to program the PCM which possibly works. At the moment I do not have an IDS system so I can not confirm it works or not. This alternative method is described on the following website:

http://www.searchautoparts.com/motorage/technicians/scope-scan-service-repair/ford-pcm-programming-other-procedures

Another alternative will be reprogramming the PCM settings and software manually using a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software. I used this method several times and it works perfectly.

Tried the method using the IDS and when i come to installing the new PCM it comes up with ERROR 102-oxo 851082, then when i come out of that its says (The operation can not begin because the PCM failed to complete a service procedure. Perform PCI to resolve issue). Hence i need to install As Built data in PCM. Do you know where there is an idiots guide to the ELM327 route

Do you use an original Ford (Rotunda) VCM or a Chinese clone with the IDS software?

With an original Ford VCM and the latest IDS software it should be no problem to program the PCM. Many Chinese clones come with cracked/older versions of the IDS software and are not able to program the PCM correctly. My experience is that only the more expensive Chinese clones are a direct copy of the original Ford (Rotunda) VCM and have the same abilities as the original.

Reprogramming the PCM using a modified ELM327 interface is relatively easy. The configuration settings of the PCM must be selected manually. If all settings are correct they can be written to the PCM. With the ELMconfig software you can also select the correct firmware file for your type of engine and write that firmware to the PCM.

most of the available firmware versions of the different engine types can be downloaded from the following website:

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm

Finally got the modified elm327 have tried elmconfig today went to configuration in the PCM manually entered all the data but how do you write this data to the PCM, i see on the next tab there is a update firmware tab but this isnt highlighted nor is the write to PCM tab in this section

I recommend to read the following topic on the Russian Ford forum:

http://ffclub.ru/topic/326054/

I use google Chrome to translate the Russian website to English. This way most of the tekst can be understand.