Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dashcam Muppets ;)

Hyrule

Since my mobius is catching some questionable drivers, thought I'd post some of the vids I've saved so far. Feel free to post yours as well.

Everytime I have an encounter with one of these muppets, I check the car is insured and taxed. If not at least some good will come out of reporting them.

First one is a vauxhall (suprise suprise)

Second is a VW this afternoon. This roundabout in Croydon is notorious for drivers blatantly ignoring the highway code. You'll notice the BMW driver swerves into my lane as I go around the roundabout. But the VW driver just pulls out in front of me. Not that I condone it, but if your car has the speed to accelerate from a stopped position then it's not so much of an issue, but I literally have to slow right down to avoid hitting him, leaving me on the roundabout with cars behind and to my side.

• Like 1

muppets indeed !

• Like 2

Might have to invest in a dash cam.

Which one are you using.

• Like 2

Oh yeah the lombard round about 90% of the time I have a near miss at that round about same exist every time last night a Vw golf was sideways at that same exist maybe I can get the video off my mobius

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

The two times i used that round about yesterday this happened, nothing is dangerous about the round about it's just bad driving

• Like 1

Bit ironic that Vauxhall one happened under the Have a safe journey sign...

• Like 3

How do you check their tax an insurance??

• Like 2

You can check "your own" online with DVLA and askmid....

• Like 2

Been looking around at dash cams, the Mobius seems popular.

Just watched a video of a E-Prance 0803 with mini screen and GPS logger for 60 odd quid.

Any others worth considering?.

The Mobius seems best value at the moment.

• Like 2

Think about priority the mobius does not have god or a screen not that you need one buy if gps is a must for you then the mobius 0803 8 a better option. No one on here has one so I no real world feed back available

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

The two times i used that round about yesterday this happened, nothing is dangerous about the round about it's just bad driving

Crikey that Golf driver should have his license revoked for that. LOL. Just carry on driving, turn around then rejoin roundabout. Not rocket science.

• Like 1

Might have to invest in a dash cam.

Which one are you using.

This bad boy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobius-ActionCam-Full-HD-Sports-Camera-1080P-30FPS-720P-60FPS-Pocket-Camcorder-/151071891306?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item232c961f6a&clk_rvr_id=651919883504&afsrc=1

Kurt has done a great install guide: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=tutorials&mid=43258

Small, discreet and gets the job done. 1080p recording in .mov format, supports up to 32gb SD cards (class 4 work the best).

• Like 1

these people are morons!

I also have a dashcam GS8000L, its a good camera at a cheap price.

• Like 1

buy if gps is a must for you then the mobius 0803 8 a better option.

Im not sure if it has been mentioned in the other posts regarding cams. The gps bit confuses me, is it in the camera or do you need to buy something else for it to work/

• Like 1

Im not sure if it has been mentioned in the other posts regarding cams. The gps bit confuses me, is it in the camera or do you need to buy something else for it to work/

I know on some cameras it is just built in, so there is no worries there. I'm not sure whether there is the ability on others to plug your sat nav into them for the same effect?

• Like 1

nah the GPS chip is in the camera, so it connects to the satellite and records lat, long and speed

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. i was just concerned, that after having decided which camera to get, I would have to buy a sat nav or something similar for the gps.

Technology is changing so fast nowadays, more and more features contained in such a small piece of plastic, its still amazes me the amount of info that can be stored on such small sd cards.

I know its not needed but if your gonna get a camera, you might as well get the best one first time. The gps would help thwart any accusations of driving over the speed limit when the accident (god forbid) happened, rather than just going by what can be seen on video.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies guys. i was just concerned, that after having decided which camera to get, I would have to buy a sat nav or something similar for the gps.

Technology is changing so fast nowadays, more and more features contained in such a small piece of plastic, its still amazes me the amount of info that can be stored on such small sd cards.

I know its not needed but if your gonna get a camera, you might as well get the best one first time. The gps would help thwart any accusations of driving over the speed limit when the accident (god forbid) happened, rather than just going by what can be seen on video.

http://live.longhill.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/funny-floppy-disk-diskette-remember-this.jpg

:lol:

• Like 1

Yeah with the GPS built in, you just need to be mindful of your speed as well. Wouldn't want to have a prang and you were speeding as well as the person who hit you, etc!

• Like 1

haha, imagine taking in a batch of floppy diskettes to the local police station, a stack of 40 disks broken into 3 second bytes of the incident :D

• Like 2

You laugh, but those 5.5 inch floppies (behave) are still in use today i'm told. By NASA no less!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club