Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dump Valve Location?

gjevans1992

Hi all

Just a quick question can someone point me in the direction of where my dump valve is on my car please as I want to change this as I have my induction kit from pumaspeed on the way!

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

post-56566-140701363266_thumb.jpg

What does your induction kit have to do with dump valves? Ecoboost engines use recirculating valves

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

I know that much and it has absolutely nothing to do with my induction kit, I just mentioned it as an explanation as to why I'm asking where the valve is located if that makes any sense

Thank you

It's that aluminium red cylinder thing with a ring pull on the top I think...

I thought so ;)

Apart from the coke can the only other thing i recognize is a dipstick :lol:

On a serious note can someone point me in the right direction please, my guess is that it's the round valve to the left of the turbo heat shield

Thank you

When you take the pipe off to put your induction kit in have a look inside the turbo pal, you should see it in there

Thank you :) I shall let you know how I get on as soon as the kit arrives

Thank you :) I shall let you know how I get on as soon as the kit arrives

No prob, i think on the ecoboosts it's located near the spool

Can I just have a serious genuine answer, if I knew where it was I wouldn't ask and I don't, I'm fairly new to modifications and all I'm trying to do is get a serious answer to help me out, we all start somewhere

• Like 1

Hey Gareth, I'm sorry (and I know this is just another post not giving you an answer, for which I am also sorry for). I understand where you're coming from, I am very much new to everything, especially engine parts and messing around under the hood, so it's scary to tinker without knowing exactly what you want. I hope you genuinely do get your answer. Best of luck with the modding and again, sorry for taking the mickey...

Oh i don't mind banter at all that's now what bothers me but like I said I'm new to engine modifications and the problem is I ask because I want to make sure I'm doing something right and to be told false information is annoying as someone could act upon that and do some damage to their car or engine without realising because someone thinks it's funny to mess around

How hard is it for an answer as to where it is for Christ sake

There is no dump valve as it's recirculating. I'm not sure if the term dump valve is being used in reference for a circulating valve here but technically there isn't one.

Normally a dump valve is placed in the open to let off air without causing damage to other parts but since it's recirculating it's probably on the turbo it self although I cannot say it is for sure buddy. Mind if I ask what your planning to do?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

I just wanted to change it in line with my induction kit I've bought from pumaspeed, I wasn't sure where it was (if anywhere) so thought I would ask

Just thought I might be able to get more of that "flutter" that you hear on powerful cars

Just thought I might be able to get more of that "flutter" that you hear on powerful cars

An external dump valve makes a "hiss" sound when you change gear or lift off,- the ecoboost is set up for the recirculating valve and replacing it with an external one may cause loss of boost, the wrong mixture/ increased lag, loss of power etc (+ reduced MPG)

So my best advice is to forget about the external dump valve and get yourself a remap (i have found Superchips to be a good company to deal with) - The induction kit will probably make the engine louder anyway - so wait and see how it sounds

A car that makes more noise without being quicker (in some cases slower than stock) is a bit "micky mouse" - the noise can become tiresome for your neigbors, your passengers and even for you (especially on a long run)

I didn't think it was acceptable as I don't think there any aftermarket ones out there to replace it with or add on to it. What induction kit have you bought? I've just put a j1 in mine a couple of days ago and it's surprising the kinda hissing noise that you get when changing gear etc.. It's actually almost the same affect as dump valve!! Just not quite the same whistle

I've got mine from pumaspeed as part of their stage one

Recirc valves are part of the turbo and you can't really change it for a traditional dump valve as it'll just divert the airflow back into the turbo and stall it or worse. You can buy aftermarket recircs from demons but they are a mare to change rather than unclipped from a hose you have to take the turbo bits apart.

• 1 month later...

slam it, map and induction kit it, if you don't no what your doing don't "tinker" pay a mechanic to do it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club