Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Corsa

The Dark Knight

Apologies if this has already been posted but I also want to add an observation about Ford that does annoy me.

Here is the Corsa: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-vauxhall-corsa-2014-7-9

My observation is that Ford are so damn slow with power! The Corsa VXR was pumping out nigh on 200bhp back when Ford were putting 150bhp into the Fiesta.

It took Ford until 2013 to make an ST with that power and to be as quick if not a bit quicker than the Corsa VXR. Now, the ST will still be the king overall but you can bet your last dollar that when the new VXR is released, it will laugh in the face of the ST in a drag race unless you have the MP215 upgrade.

It just seems that Ford are a little slow on the uptake when it comes to power. Same story with the Focus ST and Astra VXR. Ford make the better car for sure but why not top it off with more power?

That Corsa looks like someone ate the Grande Punto/Punto Evo and pooped it out, stuck a Vauxhall badge on it and called it a Corsa!

And lets face it, Corsa drivers think driving properly means driving at speed in a straight line. Those of us who understand know that it's important for a car to go around corners and to be able to deliver its power properly. Not to mention a car that looks good.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Agreed Sean, Ford make far superior cars overall, especially handling. I also don't find myself driving the ST and thinking it is short on power, it's just that Ford seem several years behind on power figures.

It's also about how that power is delivered. There is little point having 200BHP through the front tyres of a light car if the car is sitting there scrabbling for grip.

The skill is in making a slower car go faster.

• Like 1

I actually... like... it.

(Hides from the incoming barrage of hate)

Please hand over your membership and don't come back :D

• Like 2

I actually... like... it.

(Hides from the incoming barrage of hate)

Traitor :p

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Hideous

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

This -_-

Opinions n all lads. I've never thought the corsa was ugly as such. Just never preferred it to a fiesta. There are other hatchbacks I would put below the corsa. They must be something right with them since they sell so damned many! :P

Clive I'm disappointed, as a Supermod, why have you not perma banned him yet? :D :D

Clive I'm disappointed, as a Supermod, why have you not perma banned him yet? :D :D

It's going to the vote as I type :p

Chris.... you disappoint us all...

I think I should try and offer here a good and bad argument for the car, I Want to be unbiased as far as a FOCer can be... so heres my review.

I hate it.

First off look at the shape from the side - it looks like the shape is "alright" then look at the rear? it looks like the builders crack has been sewn shut and the things backside has been swallowed further into its crevice. Then there is the lights... WHy does it need a little tick that dangles down, I mean, I know the car can be driven by people who are male genetalia, but why should Vauxhall give the corsa its own gentlemans erm... "connector" dangling down from it?

As for the rest of its face, it looks like its got a smug grin on it, the face looks like its had more botox than the content of all celebrity faces combined,

Then on the boot, look at the badge, most people have a discreet button to open the boot, nope, Vauxhall have taken the badge and painted it on the bottom of a mug, and just pushed the mug into a hole to act as a switch.

Now for the good...

Well.. Its not on sale yet...

Although to be fair I like the idea of having a two fold speedo, for those owners who dont actually know how to read a dial with a pointer telling them what speed they are doing, the dash reads out the speed in actual numbers, which might confuse a lot of them, but its an alright idea..Also the dash looks ugly and overcomplicated, there are so many buttons, switches, and the instrument panel just looks like its going to give any driver an overload - that is good, because it means more Corsa's are going to end up on their roof :D the drivers are going to be so confused take their eyes off the road and the car will kiss the kerb and go sailing through the air.,

Also on the interior front, it has a rather large and easily accessible and obvious hazard warning switch, for when the car does break down, at least the owner can easily identify how to warn other road users that there is once again... a vauxhall in front that has yet again blown itself to kingdom come!

• Like 2

A thing to remember is the boot badge is the same as on the Insignia which has a habit of getting whacked in car washes due to the way it sticks out.

Irn Bru themed vauxhall any one :o My eyes, my eyes

31c43883-68d8-4814-8890-7276623e70ba_zps

With a black car that would have worked well (rather having the blue and orange on the wheels or other parts of the car, rather than the actual paintwork itself...)

• Like 1

I just don't think they are 10000% rubbish cars. My parents had one before and it served them well. I had one as my first car and it did me alright.

Nothing 'amazing' about them but they drive well enough, you get an alright car for your money.

I just think it's hilarious all the banter you throw towards cars with the griffin badge :P plus looks are a very subjective thing, you can't factually say a car looks bad because it is your own taste after all!

In all honesty it is weird coming from the CorsaD-UK forums, on that forum when you mention Ford, it's just another car to discuss or enthuse over, but on here when you mention Vauxhall the 'banter' comes right out!!

Don't mean to start an argument, a war or place a target on my head (yeah... too late), just don't think they deserve all the hate they get! (maybe the typical drivers do but that is not the poor cars fault :( )

• Like 1

We should declare war on you for that Chris :D :P

Nah I agree, I have a personal hatred towards Vauxhall which I previously have shared on this forum, entirely a personal experience. If it was a merc, or daihatsu involved then it would be the subject of my abuse!

• Like 1

I just don't think they are 10000% rubbish cars. My parents had one before and it served them well. I had one as my first car and it did me alright.

Nothing 'amazing' about them but they drive well enough, you get an alright car for your money.

I just think it's hilarious all the banter you throw towards cars with the griffin badge :P plus looks are a very subjective thing, you can't factually say a car looks bad because it is your own taste after all!

In all honesty it is weird coming from the CorsaD-UK forums, on that forum when you mention Ford, it's just another car to discuss or enthuse over, but on here when you mention Vauxhall the 'banter' comes right out!!

Don't mean to start an argument, a war or place a target on my head (yeah... too late), just don't think they deserve all the hate they get! (maybe the typical drivers do but that is not the poor cars fault :( )

Blasphemy Chris, Blasphemy ^_^

James, revoke his Supporter membership, such herecy on these forums and I'll hack into his computer so his homepage always opens up on the corsaD-UK website, LOL. :D

• Like 2

Nah, cant go revoking his supporter status, it just means he has paid for the right to like Vauxhalls, however we will have to monitor his support closely....

I am beginning to wonder if he is a Corsa spy sent in to dig details of our Ford goodness for purposes of corporate espionage :P

• Like 1

TAKE AWAY MY MEMBERSHIP IF YOU WANT!!!

I ALREADY HAVE MY Halfords DISCOUNT CARD!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

;)

... please don't abandon me :(

• Like 4

Nah, cant go revoking his supporter status, it just means he has paid for the right to like Vauxhalls, however we will have to monitor his support closely....

I am beginning to wonder if he is a Corsa spy sent in to dig details of our Ford goodness for purposes of corporate espionage :P

Caught me out there buddy. Best I better hand in my membership after all :P

• Like 1

It's when I see rides like this, (well normally hear first, before I see) appearing behind me on a road, I just despair.

The money u spent modding this 1.1 piece of rubbish up, you could have bought yourself a Fez.

cruise-27_zps1cbc2464.jpg

You get cases like those with any brand/model. It's the tit behind the wheel that you can never seem to understand... just... why? :wacko: