Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Corsa

The Dark Knight

Sorry there is just no comparison.

Ford-Fiesta-Red-and-Black-Edition-3.jpg
image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fasset
  • Like 2

I laughed so hard, you are correct

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Only good thing about a Corsa imo, is having one as a rental that you can rag the wotsits off knowing its not yours :D

• Like 1

Looks like the Corsa has fallen from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Those pics above aren't a fair comparison, that Corsa pictured won't cost 16K and isn't a top end model, although it is hideous and will not doubt tap away as all VX engines do after 27 miles.

Can see it being pretty meaty once the VXR edition comes out but wonder how much it'll cost, Quite good timing too as all the competition is now out ( ST, Clio 200T and 209 GTI ) now VX can just sit back and plan it properly such as specs, Power, pricing and equipment, although........... it is VX here and they'll probably just slap a 19K tag on it a 7 second 0-60 and hope for the best.

You can see what they've done now that the 2 cars are shown in the same place.

Fog lights: basically a flipped version of the Fez

Headlights: same design idea used used - sweeping up the bonnet

Upper grill: turn the Fez one upside down. Same for lower grill

There are a few tweaks here and there, but Vauxhall have done it again...attempted to cash in on somebody else's winning design.

Just look at the Adam (500, Clio, Mini, Micra chimera child) and the Moca (sort of like a Juke/cashcow and Kuga love child)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Even down to the front lip

I think I can explain the design:

1. Artist paints a nice picture using watercolours (copying it from the Fiesta of course)
  2. He hangs it up to dry whilst still very wet
  3. Someone sneezes on it
  4. CAD people design car around artists work not realising all the paint has run
  5. Design is passed to the poor robots who have to build the monstrosity. Why do these robots have to suffer and always build Corsas? Don't they deserve to be happy and get to build nice looking things too?

A possible alternative:

1. A Vauxhall spy (*cough*HShaw*cough*) steals photographs of a good looking car

2. These photos are scanned into a computer using a 90's scanner

3. The work experience kid is asked to draw the car using MS Paint

4. The robots (cold war era Russian rejects) build the car and we get the Corsa

• Like 2

I think the new corsa is more reminiscent of the astra gtc except with the chrome trim (long thingy with the badge on it) placed within the black grille (like the adam)

Although companies 'stealing' or changing each others designs/concepts isn't something new. Happens all the time. It has a good habit of driving innovation and change.

You can't blame a company for wanting their car to have the same appeal as the best selling one anyway, the look obviously sells so why not iterate? (even though I don't think this is the case here)

A possible alternative:

1. A Vauxhall spy (*cough*HShaw*cough*) steals photographs of a good looking car

2. These photos are scanned into a computer using a 90's scanner

3. The work experience kid is asked to draw the car using MS Paint

4. The robots (cold war era Russian rejects) build the car and we get the Corsa

I'm that obvious huh? :P

Although companies 'stealing' or changing each others designs/concepts isn't something new. Happens all the time. It has a good habit of driving innovation and change.

Agreed, though generally you copy someone elses idea then improve on it. Not the case here...

• Like 1

Agreed, though generally you copy someone elses idea then improve on it. Not the case here...

Matter of opinion on looks, but I really don't think they stole or copied the fiesta. Just my honest opinion!

What I'm thinking, most cars have a single facelift, a second facelift on what'll be an almost 9 year old platform... Ouch.

Though in fairness, Ford could do with catching up a little on extras...

I can't think of any reason why someone would buy that over a fiesta, polo, or even a clio

The Corsa has had more facelifts than Jocelyn Wildenstein. (and is just as ugly ;))

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

I thought the same. Enough with the silly facelift

I can't think of any reason why someone would buy that over a fiesta, polo, or even a clio

Because maybe they just prefer the corsa :ph34r:

I'd take that over any small hatchback except the fiesta, in all honesty (in a 3 door anyway). Plus with the list of fancy new gadgets it may be a tempting package if the price can compete with others in its class.

I get C***a's regularly as hire cars for work from Enterprise (other hire companies are available) and I have to say they are so underpowered its embarrassing especially on the motorway, they are just too heavy for the engines, petrol and diesel ones and the seats are really uncomfortable.

Oh and they smell awful, what is that all about?

I've had other small cars from them Ibiza's, Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost, 208's and can state without hesitation that the C***a is the worst of them all in every respect.

I'd much rather have Fiesta, 208 or Clio over that! We had a 208 1.0L last week in Italy and it was nippy and economical, certainly enough power for out there!

Polo is for people with no imagination or old grannies.

I feel that this is not really a fair comparison.

The VXR is Vauxhall's top spec performance car.

The RS is Ford's top spec performance car.

To start with the Corsa VXR would have to be compared with a Fiesta RS. This is not possible as Ford do not do a RS version. So surely the equivalent of a Fiesta ST would have to be something like a Corsa SRi.

No comparison there, Ford Fiesta ST wipes the floor.

Now, the Astra VXR would be a direct competitor for the Focus RS. Again, Ford wipes the floor.

I feel that this is not really a fair comparison.

The VXR is Vauxhall's top spec performance car.

The RS is Ford's top spec performance car.

To start with the Corsa VXR would have to be compared with a Fiesta RS. This is not possible as Ford do not do a RS version. So surely the equivalent of a Fiesta ST would have to be something like a Corsa SRi.

No comparison there, Ford Fiesta ST wipes the floor.

Now, the Astra VXR would be a direct competitor for the Focus RS. Again, Ford wipes the floor.

I disagree. To say "a fiesta RS doesn't exist but since the 'ST' is Ford's 2nd best, we'll compare it to vauxhall's 2nd best" is utter rubbish.

Corsa VXR and Fiesta ST is a fair comparison (given the clear similarities in power, engine cc + turbo and price)

The SRi comes in a 1.4n/a or a 1.4T producing no way near the same power as the ST nor costing as much. Fair? No.

(previously came in a detuned VXR engine pre-facelift, but let's keep comparisons in the same generation, ie Corsa facelift and Fiesta facelift)

The Astra vs. Focus is a bit more difficult. Considering the power and price differences.

Astra H VXR 236bhp vs mk2 Focus RS 300bhp... how is that fair? Then the prices...

Ford have the upper-hand with the 'RS' line, they have another level, whereas Vauxhall don't.

these comments are all true, as for Chris, we might let you keep your membership but like you say - you already have the card ;) :p

As for the comparison, I just go on looks, it looks fugly, will be modded fugly and the thing will end up on its roof so for me thats where I draw the opinion :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club