Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, Mondeo St Tdci Newbie

imc205

Hi, had the chance to buy a cheap performance blue 05 mondeo st tdci yesterday so jumped in head first, also have a transit mk7. Both have a few issues so off to the forums to do an evenings reading. Looking forward to getting some trusty advice lol

Hello and welcome, your not too far away - I'm in fife.

Cheers stef. Can't wait to get the couple of issues sorted so I can get out driving, like up the Fife coast for a fish supper lol

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers stef. Can't wait to get the couple of issues sorted so I can get out driving, like up the Fife coast for a fish supper lol

Haha, give me a heads up when you are.

What issues are you having?

Cold start its really rough, it starts and seems to idle spot on but when revved it splutters and smokes. Guy must have had it warmed up before I viewed it, it ran spot in and I drove it home no probs. Stopped and started a few times and it was fine no smoke etc . The guy did say it was a wee bit rough when cold but I just guessed it was glow plugs or something silly. Been on checking all the talk about egr and maf sensors so il try cleaning and blanking first before changing anything else. Can I ask where ur temp gauge sits at normally? Mine sits a needle over the half and that was going easy yesterday on the way home 70 in 6th. I'm thinking the temperature sensor possibly too? I'm no mechanic but reading all the posts on forums it could be anything l. Just hope it's not injectors! Sorry for the long winded rant lol

It might be temp sensor related? Live data would be your answer..

My temp gauge sits bang on in the middle and doesn't move even when driven hard.

Cheers, thought that would be about right as it is on my transit il make a call tomorrow and see if I can get it checked out.

There is 2 thermostats on the 2.2 so the temp gauge could be down to one of them being open.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club