Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt Change

Thejonses

Hi all, new to this . after a bit of advise , I have a 2l deisel 2007 smax , I've just had it in at fords for a full timing chain and aux belt and fuel pump change. Would anyone know if they will have taken o/s wheel off to do this work .

Regards

Yes the O/S wheel will have been removed. Are you having issues now?

Hi thanks for the reply, just noticed I put fuel pump that's wrong it was belts kit and water pump, :) but yes in having a massive prob , I had the belt changed as I thought it was about time at 125000 mls and we were meant to be driving through France today , however one of fords recommendations was to change front tyres , so I went to a tyre shop and they have informed me that four of the five nuts have been cross threaded knackering the nuts and hub bolts :( they managed to get the wheel back on all be it on 4 nuts , but I just wanted to double check that they would have taken wheel off , before I start shouting in fords !

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

4 out of 5 cross threaded wheel nuts, how on earth.. That's absolutely incredible! Have they been cross threaded of overtightened and stripped?

I would be very careful with that, the last thing you want is a catastrophic failure..

I would be phoning at the earliest convenient time, and I would be asking that they have someone else check over the work that was carried out - you clearly can't trust the monkey who put the wheel on!

Very good point stef123 , I will get them to check over the work . I know the whole proses has been a nightmare they snapped the cam sensor bolt and charged me to replace the thing 80 pounds . They really are quite the joke . And thanks for confirming my initial thoughts , as the n/s studs are fine and I watched the tyre guy take the wheels off . !Removed! hendy fords ....never again

Thanks for advise , fords changing hub for FREE . And all work carried out is being checked by foreman :) happy days

Thanks for advise , fords changing hub for FREE . And all work carried out is being checked by foreman :) happy days

Well that's a good result! Thanks for the update

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club