• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

dorf

Duratec 1.6 Spark Plug Gap

I going to change spark plug to my Fusion 1.6 Duratec 2009, did anybody have newest information gap size, Haynes says 1,3mm

I found this info in internet, yes that is for Zetec engine, but is it possibele that it Applies to Duratec too?

"Ford originally specified a plug gap of 1.3mm for the Zetec engine. However, this gap was found in practice to cause problems with coil pack and lead failures. As a result, Ford issued a TSB on this and reduced the gap from 1.3mm to 1.0mm, which appears to have solved the problems which were occurring."

Hi Dorf,

Thats correct, as far as I recall they reduced the gap to 1.2 for the reason of rough running. Most people who have passed through here recently have set it to 0 and in most cases it has improved things.

So 1,0mm - 1,2mm would be o.k for Duratec, maybe 1,1mm is average.

i bought new AYFS22CB ( russian made ) plugs, 1,1mm seems to be factory settings, that o.k for me.

Good result! if you find the economy is less than you expect, try reducing the gap, or increasing to compensate, you may find that although 1.1 works well, either direction could work better for your car.

Hi I have just had my 1.6 Focus 2009 serviced by a Ford Main dealer. I had a look at what plugs they had fitted. They are FOMOCO CYFS-12VN4 set to 1.1mm. I had a look on Google and the only pages that come up are Polish. Seems odd. I originally had NGK fitted. I will see how they run.