Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Slipping??

GeeDee

Hi

New to this forum - I bought my daughter a 2001 LX Fiesta with 30k miles on the clock nearly 2 years ago for her to learn to drive on. Actually, this was in the final month or so just prior to her test and she has now gone on to pass her advanced test and so it wasn't hammered by a novice with poor clutch control.

The car has now done 40k miles and she thinks something is wrong with the clutch as sometimes she finds it hard to put into gear when stationary and it apparently sometimes slips.

I took it out yesterday and if I had been driving it normally I don't think I would have noticed anything other than maybe a slightly clunky gear selection whilst stationary. The only time when something was apparent was when changing to a high gear with lots of revs on and the revs took a bit of time to drop to the road speed. A high revs, drop the clutch, pull away just resulted in wheel spin.

My feeling is that a clutch should not go in 40k miles of normal driving especially with a low powered car such as this.

Do any of your Fiestas exhibit the same problem when changing into a high gear with lots of revs - I know this is not something you would normally do?

Unfortunately, I don't have any other cars to try this on as my car is an Impreza and it a little unfair to expect any clutch to handle abuse of 320bhp even though it would have been designed for it and my wife has an automatic.

Any opinions out there?

Are there any adjustments you can make that may help the situation?

Thanks

Hi

New to this forum - I bought my daughter a 2001 LX Fiesta with 30k miles on the clock nearly 2 years ago for her to learn to drive on. Actually, this was in the final month or so just prior to her test and she has now gone on to pass her advanced test and so it wasn't hammered by a novice with poor clutch control.

The car has now done 40k miles and she thinks something is wrong with the clutch as sometimes she finds it hard to put into gear when stationary and it apparently sometimes slips.

I took it out yesterday and if I had been driving it normally I don't think I would have noticed anything other than maybe a slightly clunky gear selection whilst stationary. The only time when something was apparent was when changing to a high gear with lots of revs on and the revs took a bit of time to drop to the road speed. A high revs, drop the clutch, pull away just resulted in wheel spin.

My feeling is that a clutch should not go in 40k miles of normal driving especially with a low powered car such as this.

Do any of your Fiestas exhibit the same problem when changing into a high gear with lots of revs - I know this is not something you would normally do?

Unfortunately, I don't have any other cars to try this on as my car is an Impreza and it a little unfair to expect any clutch to handle abuse of 320bhp even though it would have been designed for it and my wife has an automatic.

Any opinions out there?

Are there any adjustments you can make that may help the situation?

Thanks

your car might have a hydraulic clutch system check to see if there is an additional pipe coming out of the brake fluid resy and check the fluid level if it is this then you will have to top it up and bleed the clutch system

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club