Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, Just Joined. Focus Mk 2 1.8 Tdci Sport S

SmithyJ

Hi my name is John, just bought a black sport s with 55k. Very pleased with it so far!

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum,

I highly recommend you blank the egr with a stainless steel blanking plate and fit a Green Cotton Performance Induction Filter

Both will give clean induction, prolonged turbo life, cleaner oil for longer and ultimately increased MPG

Seems tidy. Not been driven hard from what I can tell. No knocks rattles or squeaks! Only issue is prev owner didn't get the perforation check stamps. Very slight arch bubbling and shot blasting but I bought it because the rest is so tidy.

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

post-56978-140717988812_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Lenny. I joined this forum after reading through your experiences with this car. I'm getting the bodywork tidied then fitting mudflaps. Filter Egr then remap in that order?

• Like 1

And yes the drivers door is not straight due to prev straining the hinges but dealer is fixing this with new hinges and door stop when I take it back for valet.

• Like 1

Hi Lenny. I joined this forum after reading through your experiences with this car. I'm getting the bodywork tidied then fitting mudflaps. Filter Egr then remap in that order?

no pressure mate, thanks for the mention and glad you found my experience of interest, ive got a 1.6TDCi but i really should have bought the 1.8TDCi bullet proof engine and the only one ford build themselves, 1.6TDCi and 2.0TDCi are Citröen Peugeot engine's :rolleyes:

And yes the drivers door is not straight due to prev straining the hinges but dealer is fixing this with new hinges and door stop when I take it back for valet.

sounds good mate, i didnt even notice from the picture there.

Dealer an old best mate of mine, which is handy and he would stake our friendship on selling me an honest car. Which I believe he has. And you've just said what he told me!

• Like 1

Any ideas how many were made? Couldnt find many for sale, especially the 1.8 TDCI. Guess people are hanging on to them?

• Like 1

Dealer an old best mate of mine, which is handy and he would stake our friendship on selling me an honest car. Which I believe he has. And you've just said what he told me!

im sure its because he's logged on here at some point and read it from me :lol: nah im just kiddin mate, everyone knows tried and tested, i know people whom have owned 1.8TDCi focus for seven years now and no engine issues ever,

Any ideas how many were made? Couldnt find many for sale, especially the 1.8 TDCI. Guess people are hanging on to them?

no idea mate, i believe your VIN number can tell you where yours was built and many things, never give out your VIN but if you google VIN information there are some ford forum threads with the list of explanation codes and reference.

People are holding on to them for sure mate, economy and reliability especially after blanking egr and gutting dpf if fitted but the 1.8TDCi doesn't have one which is even better.

• Like 1

Right then. Off to the bay for an Egr blank, and a filter!

See my guides for quality suppliers view their shop to get model specific part:

Heres link to suppler of Stainless Steel laser cut blanking plates:

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/180941185112?nav=SEARCH

566411275_o.jpg

to purchase a Green Cotton performance induction filter for your ford and feel the difference for yourself log on to http://www.priracing....php/144/1/ford

and get 10% Discount off your Green Cotton Performance filter by using the code FORDOWNERSCLUB10

you can also get 20% Discount off any Ritchbrook branded stock by entering Discount Code: RICHBROOK20

both offers are eclusive to members of fordownersclub.com special thanks to Ross at Priracing for this kind offer.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd drop by and say I've managed to get a k&n for £30 ish new so gonna give that a try

• Like 1

Welcome to the family!

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me a good insurer to use for minor cosmetic mods? Ie I want to swap the standard headlights for the dark ones off the titanium. And been quoted a decent price for tints but direct line seem to take a very extortionate view of making your car look better

• Like 1

Adrian Flux are pretty good with minor cosmetics, they dont charge me anything for any of my mods unless it increases power.

• Like 1

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1