Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St 8 Speakers (Sony) Vs Standard 6 In The Zetec S (Without Sony)

AidenJrNeill

im going to be upgrading to a fiesta st-2 and as wondering how much better the 8 Speakers are (sony) comapred to the standard 6 in my zetec s :)

thanks

They aren't. Standard stereo has better sound quality somehow. Digital radio is better obviously but the rest isn't.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I replaced all the parts on my 2010 Fiesta to the Sony system and 8 Speakers and it made a noticeable difference.

Volume is much higher at the same level, better bass, cleaner sound. What you would expect from a more premium system really.

Funny you should mention this?

I had a 2013 ZS, which had the Sony Nav unit fitted as a one off with all the upgraded 8 Speakers fitted also...

It sounded absolutely lush.. Loud, clear and crisp! I have was sat in a new ST3 recently, and it did not sound as good, i'm not sure if the settings on my iPhone have changed, or what as it was playing through bluetooth on both cars? But I was not as impressed!! I have looked into the Speakers fitted to my old ZS, and they were indeed the premium 8 Speakers you get in the Titanium & X models, and the ST2 and this ST3 with the Sony system...

I know I changed the wadding in the rear quarter panels on the ZS, but I can definitely hear a difference!!?????????????????? I added padding around the rear quarter speakers, and perhaps this helped compact the bass and deliver it better..?

Hmm..

Not tested the Sony unit but I have the 6 speaker version of the Ford system and must admit it works very well. If you have this version there is a button top right with a musical note on it. Set the bass to +3 notches and balance it front to rear from the drivers point of view but keep the left/right balance central. This makes for a very beefy sound with strong bass but no distortion. You don't need to touch the trebble etc. It's worth setting up properly because for a lower cost system it is very good. The cheapest one has 4 Speakers and no button for altering the bass etc but it still has the silver facia.

no difference at all mate, to be honest you wont wanna listen to music as the noise of the loud pedal is mental, get it to 6000 rpm you will love it

• Like 1

I have to admit that I find the sound quality from the standard ZS system to be excellent. My dad has an Audi A6 and it sounds S***.

Where are the other 2 rear Speakers? There's clearly the grills with the main Speakers in, but are the other 2 alongside these or somewhere else?

There are tweeters on little frames suspended over the main woofer.

All driven by one cable per side though.

That answers that then, I may have invested some time in the past looking around for them :lol:. Cheers!

As someone who owned an ST for 9 months and has now switched to a Zetec S I will personally say the Zetec Speakers are wayyy better than the ST. Like to the point at which I genuinely prefer to be in the zetec interior as the sound system is just that much better. Really impressed with the stock ford system but was stupidly disapointed with the sony and its constant blu-tooth problems, issues with the radio going off when the doors were opened (Stupid convenience pack)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club