Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valencia or Cologne

EzzyRallyBoy

So who builds what at what plant or is it a dual line ??

Initially we had been told our petrol titanium was coming from Valencia now 5 weeks later they say its Cologne !!!

Anyone know ??

So who builds what at what plant or is it a dual line ??

Initially we had been told our petrol titanium was coming from Valencia now 5 weeks later they say its Cologne !!!

Anyone know ??

If you can get ahold of the VIN number, you can look it up!

As far as i know,both factories build all the variants of UK models,although as with other models ,the more sporty versions(eg zetec S) tend to be German built.

The engines are built in Dagenham (diesel) and south wales (petrol),the engine fuel type has no bearing on the final assembly venue,

As far as i know,both factories build all the variants of UK models,although as with other models ,the more sporty versions(eg zetec S) tend to be German built.

The engines are built in Dagenham (diesel) and south wales (petrol),the engine fuel type has no bearing on the final assembly venue,

My Titanium was built in Cologne last October.

If you can get ahold of the VIN number, you can look it up!

where bouts can you look it up?? :huh:

I can answer this for you... The all new ford fiesta was destined to all be built in germany, but as the success and demand for the new car grew, and to reduce build times to help demand they allowed the plant in spain to also build fiestas in the side, which mainly builds focus/mondeos, or well thats what I was told by ford employee..

I can answer this for you... The all new ford fiesta was destined to all be built in germany, but as the success and demand for the new car grew, and to reduce build times to help demand they allowed the plant in spain to also build fiestas in the side, which mainly builds focus/mondeos, or well thats what I was told by ford employee..

I think the salesman was stretching the truth a bit!

Setting up a new line takes at least a year,you cant just decide to start building another model in your factory!

They announced New Fiestas were to be built in spain 12 months before the first car rolled out of cologne.

The Mondeo is built in Genk (Belgium) ,all versions for europe.

As far as I know no other european factories have ever had Mondeo lines.

The focus is currently built in Saarlouis (Germany),Setual(Portugal) and Valencia.

Ford announced in August 2007 the new fiesta was to be built at Valencia,in place of the old fiesta and Ka line.

Two more fiesta lines are to be opened over the next 12 months,,in Bejing (china) and Mexico.

The original Ka was based on a Fiesta ,so could be built on the same line,the new Ka is based on a fiat 500 and is built in Poland (?) in a JV factory.

Dave

where bouts can you look it up?? :huh:

if you register on here Ford Etis - it's free for basic info the provding you have a VIN or Reg number you can find out where the car was built plus loads of other info.

HTH

• 4 years later...

Are there any particular differences between the same models but built in the different plants? ie for example would wiring looms of a fiesta mk6 facelift built in lets say Valencia be different from one built in Niehl? If for example in Niehl the main loom is the same accross all the trim levels, would Valencia plant do stuff different making it harder to upgrade stuff (ie not use the main loom with all the wirings in place). Would looms comming from the same model fiesta built in Niehl be 100% compatable with the exact same model fiesta built in Valencia or could there be slight changes?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club