Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Centre consul overheating

Meddigo

Hi bought my Focus 6 months ago, it is now 12 months old, my problem is that once I have been driving for around 20 miles the centre consul which holds the radio, heater etc heats up to such an extent I cant rest my leg against the side of the consul due to the amount of heat.

This gets worse the longer the car is driven.

The dealers claim that this is normal!!

Has anyone come accross this before?

Hi bought my Focus 6 months ago, it is now 12 months old, my problem is that once I have been driving for around 20 miles the centre consul which holds the radio, heater etc heats up to such an extent I cant rest my leg against the side of the consul due to the amount of heat.

This gets worse the longer the car is driven.

The dealers claim that this is normal!!

Has anyone come accross this before?

Doesn't sound normal to me mate - I drive in shorts in the summer in my Focus and I've never had any issues with an overheating centre console. You might want to seek a second opinion, because something's not right.....

it can get a bit warm if you have the radio on full blast with heater on warm air but not that hot.

Do you always have the radio on when driving, if you do get hold of some radio removel tools and pull the radio out after a drive and see if thats whats causing the heat issue, they have a large heatsink on the back so if the radio is over heating it could be the cause.

If its still under warranty take the car to another dealer Ford can be useless like that, mine tried to charge me for radio code retrievela (ie type reg into computer up comes the key code) on the day I picked up the car.

These days they seem to get out of doing any repairs,

Thanks for the replies.

I took the car in this morning to the dealership, the mechanic came out found a screw missing (which was allowing the hot air to escape in to the central console) this was replaced & all is now ok.

cheers

Thanks for the replies.

I took the car in this morning to the dealership, the mechanic came out found a screw missing (which was allowing the hot air to escape in to the central console) this was replaced & all is now ok.

cheers

glad you got it sorted

irony being it was such a simple thing

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club