Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Halogen Bulbs For St

Clarky2013

Thought I would take some pics tonight as slightly bored and you never know who might refer to this.

Ive taken pictures with different halogen bulbs in my ST to show the colour difference against the LED DRL's

First pic is standard, my guess around 3800K

post-44676-0-65430300-1407268187_thumb.j

Second pic are phillips crystal visions rated 4300k which match the LED's spot on in my opinion and give the cleanest light output

post-44676-0-54107700-1407268224_thumb.j

Third pic are osram hyper blues rated 5000k, they are with a 6000k LED bulb in my old ZS. These are pure white closest to xenon without going HID

post-44676-0-19691200-1407268093_thumb.j

Hope this helps someone!

Definitely a good reference guide!

Really helps alot, thanx, was googling the difference between the lot, so in your opinion which of the two Philips Crystal Vision or Osram hyper blues gives you more light on the road?

crystal vision gives the best light output and the best vision, blue hypers look great, bright white light like audi's beamers etc but arent very bright on the road and when its raining they are pretty crap.

So can the crystal vision / hyper blue bulbs just be swapped in, and are they road legal? I don't know much about bulbs but assumed that the only decent bulb upgrades were HIDs or xenons.

Crystals visions are legal, but the blue hypers arent, yup straight swap, can do both in under 10 mins, the police wont ever tell the difference because they look xenon. and yes HID are great, but cba with faffing around with them and they have to warm up etc so I just stick with halogen, around £25-30 for crystal visions and lasted over a year and not dim yet at all.

Cool, I might swap for crystal visions then, for looks more than anything, but better light is obviously a bonus. Where's the best place to buy them, eBay?

EDIT: wait a minute, I found something that says they're not road legal: http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/crystal-vision-h7

Can anyone confirm this?

Well I have had them in for almost a year and never got a look off the police as I said they cant tell, I'd be more worried if i had HID's

Yeah I assume they wouldn't be a problem, but I guess they could fail an MOT, obviously not a problem for a few years on a new car. I might try them, can always swap them back if I change my mind.

One of the nice things about the ST3... and 2 and Titanium's, is the LED DRL's because the full beam is back to being a H1, and gets rid of the H15!!!! The LED DRL is really bright, i luv em..

I have Redline Super White Xenons fitted... 5000k... I think they made the most difference after trying Osram, Philips, Crystal... i might with your permission Clarky, add a picture tonight, i just upgraded all the bulbs at the weekend, mains, full, indicators, front fogs, and rear reg plates are even bright white now..

Best part... the H7 55W is £4.94 each... Top tip, go for the 100W and they are twice as good!! Even in the rain Clarky..

EVEN BETTER.... You can get the 55W H7..H1...H11 and 501 capless bulbs for £14.95 delivered. That's what i did.

Sweet! gets some pics up i wanna see them :P . I thought the main beam was H15 in the ST? Im swapping all my bulbs back to stock tonight ready to fit to the new st Sonic on Sunday :)

Also I wouldnt go 100W as that could melt the loom? or am I being overly cautious

I stand corrected just checked full beam on mine and are defiantly not h15! Happy days :P

Sweet! gets some pics up i wanna see them :P . I thought the main beam was H15 in the ST? Im swapping all my bulbs back to stock tonight ready to fit to the new st Sonic on Sunday :)

Also I wouldnt go 100W as that could melt the loom? or am I being overly cautious

I had 100w in my old ZS from day one, had no issues with them.

The ground was a little uneven but i was impressed with the light you get at that price, lasted all year and through the winter.

post-32313-0-02391600-1407414202_thumb.j

post-32313-0-23538900-1407414248_thumb.j

post-32313-0-08796600-1407414324_thumb.j

They look great Torchwood!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the nice things about the ST3... and 2 and Titanium's, is the LED DRL's because the full beam is back to being a H1, and gets rid of the H15!!!! The LED DRL is really bright, i luv em..

I have Redline Super White Xenons fitted... 5000k... I think they made the most difference after trying Osram, Philips, Crystal... i might with your permission Clarky, add a picture tonight, i just upgraded all the bulbs at the weekend, mains, full, indicators, front fogs, and rear reg plates are even bright white now..

Best part... the H7 55W is £4.94 each... Top tip, go for the 100W and they are twice as good!! Even in the rain Clarky..

EVEN BETTER.... You can get the 55W H7..H1...H11 and 501 capless bulbs for £14.95 delivered. That's what i did.

Hey new to all this forum was just wondering would you recommend them bulbs for my fiesta ST2? I want a bright white lights! Also where did you buy them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Guys what bulbs does the ST2 take? I looked at my ZS manual and can't see anything other than an H7 for a dipped beam, no mention of the full beam. Does this car need 2 bulbs 1 for the dipped and 1 for the full beam?

Guys what bulbs does the ST2 take? I looked at my ZS manual and can't see anything other than an H7 for a dipped beam, no mention of the full beam. Does this car need 2 bulbs 1 for the dipped and 1 for the full beam?

I'm pretty sure it's a H1 and H7 mate :) correct me if I'm wrong people?

correcto Steve :P

Good hahaa! Any recommendation on some bulbs mate I want a nice bright white colour? But I don't want HIDs

Ice white without HID, you need diamond vision or hyper blue, fact. I have had both. I currently use crystal vision and they look exactly like 4300k HID's. Crystals give great vision on the road and look a perfect match with the LED strip at night.

Ice white without HID, you need diamond vision or hyper blue, fact. I have had both. I currently use crystal vision and they look exactly like 4300k HID's. Crystals give great vision on the road and look a perfect match with the LED strip at night.

Thank you very much :) have you got any links mate or isit just off eBay?

Power bulbs mate, they have 10 or 20 percent off all the time. You wanna get some night breaker unlimited for your full beam if you don't already, they are great.

so would it be a good idea to say get Nightbreaker ultimate for the full beam and a different whiter bulb for the dipped? Or is it best to get both the same?

What really gives the whitest light without loosing too much light output?

Also how easy is it to change the bulbs on the ST2? Is it a full removal of the light unit like it is on the ZS?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club