Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Booked :)

Phil 87

Oh yeah I forgot you already had the MP215. I called them and it's ready, and they fixed the rattling trim above the rear view mirror too, well so they say. I'll be picking it up in about an hour :)

Look forward to your review on it. Clarky I'm also considering revo stage 2, not going beyond that though cause I'll be selling up in 2years time

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sweet!

advice- you need to start the engine 3 times before you drive off to check for warning lights/ map issues, it is recommended by mountune.

Also listen for the deeper engine note when idling see how much you notice it.

Look forward to your review on it. Clarky I'm also considering revo stage 2, not going beyond that though cause I'll be selling up in 2years time

i priced it up earlier , revo stage 2 is around 2k all in, you need bigger brakes / engine mounts aswell, it all adds up! however the stage 2 near me is amazing it destroyed my mp215 lol

advice- you need to start the engine 3 times before you drive off to check for warning lights/ map issues, it is recommended by mountune.

Will do. I heard about this but didn't know it was recommended by Mountune. Did you just leave it running for a few seconds each time before turning it off?

It's just trying to justify the cost and whether or not it'd be worth it. Think I may do it in stages the get a remap before ford fair next year :)

Will do. I heard about this but didn't know it was recommended by Mountune. Did you just leave it running for a few seconds each time before turning it off?

Yeah 4-5 seconds, its only a precaution.

To be honest the tech should have taken it out for a road test to ensure the map is on.

I would think if the software they use was any good it would give some confirmation that the map is on. Is there any way to tell besides the extra performance?

Etis ford should give you all the info

yeah on etis your PCM should now be

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) C1BY-12A650-FA C1BY-14C204-FA

and the date should be today's date, Id give it a few hours before you check it

Ah right, so does Ford's software update that on Etis when the map has been changed?

Edit: here's what it says at the moment, last updated 1pm today:

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) C1BY-12A650-DA C1BY-14C204-FA

First one is DA instead of FA on yours, 2nd one is the same. I wonder if the 2nd one is the Mountune map and the first one is something else, as your car is newer?

I think it's automatic or mountune enter it in. Just like having software updated I believe, correct me if I'm wrong

Just spoke to SCC, I can have revo stage 1 put on tomorrow with an induction kit.

They have seen up to 230 on stage 1!

What's the cost of that? Would you say it's worth doing it from 215 and phil give it a little longer it may change

shade over 400 for the map then 150 for the induction kit which I will fit myself.

Only thing stopping me is the warranty, Ive already had a new injector fitted on this engine (friday car) LOL

mmmmm :ermm:

and Phil I checked my etis a day or so later and it had updated, not entirely sure how long it takes.

I'll just save the 550 and go straight to stage 2. I checked my etis 2months after, luckily it was on haha

yeah i see your point, anyway I dont mean to go off topic and ruin Phil's Mountune topic lol

:rolleyes:

Lol true. Don't know why it's double posting, iPhone rubbish. Nice to hear this review when you've tested it a bit

First impressions are very good :). It's hard to tell just how much faster it is, but I think it's definitely noticeable in 4th and 5th.

I was expecting the engine sound to be drastically different for some reason, but I'd say subtly different describes it better. With the windows up I can easily hear the wine of the turbo in 4th which is great, and I'm almost certain I heard the recirc valve which before I could only hear with the windows down. With the windows down the recirc valve is much more noticeable, but I don't leave the windows down long enough to hear much else haha. The deeper engine note is noticeable at lower revs, but when flooring it through 2nd and 3rd it's hard to tell the difference in acceleration and sound, without being able to compare side by side with the standard car.

I'll do a longer review in a new thread when I've had a few days to get used to it.

• Like 1

I found the major difference is at 3rd gear at 3000 rpm, when you floor it then the extra torque is at its best. sounds like your enjoying it :P

I found the major difference is at 3rd gear at 3000 rpm, when you floor it then the extra torque is at its best. sounds like your enjoying it :P

I'll have to try that, I think normally I'm a bit below 3000 rpm before I floor it. What speed would that be in 3rd? And yeah definitely enjoying it :). I went out for a proper drive on some country roads, there was a fair bit of traffic but still fun.

Probably about 40 ish , have you found that at 60 or 70 in 6th if you hit the throttle you accelerate a lot easier?

You Should organise a bank hol Monday meet to test against the standard ones somewhere quiet but good roads ;) I'd be in :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

Forecast is for heavy rain on Monday, it is bank holiday after all.

Snake Pass is OK but too busy especially at weekends with the bikers, and too may police.

The Ribblehead run one I've not done yet, I would think Buttertubs would be better however.

Best roads I've driven are in Wales, excepting Scottish of course which are a bit far for a day trip for us Yorkies. Did North Wales last summer around Bala and Ffestiniog and the Evo triangle they are awesome roads around there.

I do also fancy doing the black mountains in South Wales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-4EKltTpFA

and some of the Scottish roads but would have to make it a weekend trip I think.

If you guys ever go to south Wales let me know ill come up aswell

That'll need some planning Tom to get us all there at the same time. Would probably have to be an overnight for us as it's a good 4-5 hour drive each way. We need a resident Welsh member to guide us as well.