Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ids

Nukeybrown

Is there anyone on here got access to ford ids software that can activate my bluetooth & usb on fiesta mk7 2009 titanium, have retrofitted usb & bluetooth radio instead of standard head unit ,just need activated

Hi Buddy.

Yep Ive got the kit, I just did the same update thanks to help from nath@nath.so

Im in Washington. (-:

So do I need to speak to nath first for a file with my vin etc

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi.

Yes Im still working on manipulating asbuilt files - can't do that bit myself yet. :angry:

Speak with Nath about getting your modified file, he will be expecting you - I can apply it for you just about when ever you want.

What cable are u using to upload the file?

Ps I've messages nath just waiting to hear back from him.

HI Anthony, Ive just worked out if you just want bluetooth and usb switching on that can be done within IDS without a modified ISBUILD file so you won't need that file of Nath (Sorry Nath) - Thats only needed to activate Cruise control and you not after that.

I can do you bluetooth / usb when ever you want buddy (-:

Excellent sounds like a plan. I'm free tonight after 5 then all weekend

Tomorrow morning ok for you ?

I'll message you my details

I'm just down the road in wardley park estate next to wardley golf course

Loving it best mod so far. Just trying to locate the mic connection. Thanks a million

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The Mic I use is out of a late mk6 Fiesta st / zetec s.

I also believe you will find the same microphone in some Fusion MK1's and transits/connects after 2006

6S6T-19A391-BB

Much better than cutting a hole in your headlining !

mic.jpg

Right, headliner kinda off at the front , followed the wires back over and no white plug or even black & yellow wiring in the wiring going to the headlining , took stereo out had a look at connections etc to see if I could splice into the wiring for mic but cannot see any wiring of that colour in the plugs not even sure where the mic would originate . Heeeelllppp

Maybe there isn't one there, ford do stuff like that, but as you have another loom you have no problems.

The two wires came directly out of the back of your usb module, start there, does your car / spare loom have back and yellow coming out of the bluetooth plug ? Are they the same ?

mic3.jpg

heres a pic of the loom from elsewhere off this forum which shows what your looking for, just follow from the bluetooth end

t7zlvq.jpg

Right found the 2 wires yellow & black coming out of the bluetooth module , only have a ex parrot mic to try but not working. Tested the yellow & black and there is definitely voltage in the wires but head unit not responding to speach. When you speak I'm guessing on screen the bar under voice control fills up as you speak if that makes sense? It isn't like so it's obviously not picking up. Will order the proper mic and then retry again another day. Not gonna put the mic in the headlining gonna put it where yours is. Can't really do much more until I get the proper mic really.

Anyone know the best or any place in the uk to buy microphone or is it a case of going direct to ford

I did the retrofit bluetooth mod in my 2010 zetec s

there is a separate loom which connects to the bluetooth main loom by the base of the a pillar and is routed up the a pillar and across the headlining.

I bought the plastic headlining trim which houses the mic. You have to cut out the headlining to fit

Thanks for that, my car unfortunately my car doesn't have the separate wiring up the a pillar to the headlining , I've ordered the mic direct from ford picking it up tomorrow morning , but it's a seperate unit that will be mounted on the drivers pillar £38.43. Let's hope it works. Fingers crossed.

My car didn't have the loom, I had to order it separately. Hope your solution works

All working good now, so must need the ford mic to work, properly £38 for a mic I think is expensive but it all works fine and is better than cutting into the headlining etc. didn't need extra looms etc as the 2 wires coming out of the bluetooth unit connected directly to it.

All I need to do now is remember all the commands.

Thanks for everyone's help