Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Is Only One Of My Self Levelling Focus St 2.5 Head Lights Not Adjusting??

lummers

Hi all any help appreciated here.

I have a 2007 2.5 st2 with self levelling xeons. When I turn my lights on the passenger one attempts to do something, but doesn't really move. The drives side visible moves the light down and up again as it calibrates. Before levelling off where I expect it to.

Why would the left one not adjust??

Is it likely to be a fuse? 143? Or something more sinister.

I've read some times they need recalibrating by the main dealer if the battery's or lights been disconnected and it's lost its programming, but I'd expect both not to work if that was the case.

Suggestions?

Matt

I'm thinking it's a possible fault with the headlamp sadly.

Both side headlamps are controlled from the same module so I can't see the headlamp itself losing settings as the module will work this out. Also the module has only 1 power feed from the headlamp switch, so if a fuse had gone then both lamps would fail to adjust and maybe light up too.

Have had my headlamps disconnected several times and never needed a recalibration, I'd wonder if the lamp system usually does this itself as part of the start-up levelling routine.

One way to check if it's lamp specific would be to remove the lamps and plug the suspect one into the wiring from the other side, the pin-outs look identical. If the suspect lamp works ok in the other side then maybe you've got a wiring problem instead.

• Like 1

Oh great. :-(

"One way to check if it's lamp specific would be to remove the lamps and plug the suspect one into the wiring from the other side, the pin-outs look identical. If the suspect lamp works ok in the other side then maybe you've got a wiring problem instead"

Not a bad idea!! Will give that a bash when a get a mo. Only bugger is I'll have to try and do it in the dark.

• 5 weeks later...

Well finally got round to removing and switching the headlights. Both headlights adjuster motors worked when plugged into the right hand side. Both then worked in the left and both worked when in the reverse side of the head lights intended location.

So long story short, it appears that taking the Headlights out and plugging them back in again has reset them and both are now auto adjusting together again.

Another wonderful ford electrical issue it seems. Thankful it appears to have been a simple fix.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club