Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light

70tony

Just arrived at Torquay from blackburn for holiday and my engine management light has come on done the mileage rest and started engine for the codes the few I copied are

Dtc#00 none

Nvm eeprom lvl 0001

Nvm 0705

Don't know if these mean anything .just changed the spark plugs as I have tried looking up and it came back with either the spark plugs or coil pack or will there be a different code I need to look for.can anyone recommended a garage in Torquay or will I have to join a recovery service

Thanks for any advice

Focus cc3 2.0 petrol duatec

Hello Anthony. Is the car mobile at all? I'm not too sure about Torquay but in Paignton I would try TVR 01803 555267. They are a very good couple of lads (James & Steve). If you call say Chris from Autoquip said to try them!! Hope you get sorted mate,

Chris.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.but i took the car to Bosch service centre told me it was the egr valve total price with diagnostics is £221inc vat not to bad as the diagnostics was £45+ vat But is this a common fault the car has covered 68000 miles

• Like 1

Thanks chris my car just started having this exact problem today so iv rang TVR n got it booked in for tomo mornin. Fingers crossed its something simple!

All sorted! For anyone having any car trouble in Torbay I can highly recommend Teignbridge Vehicle Repairs. Steve was really friendly, took the car in at short notice and had the job done swiftly at a reasonable price.

• 2 months later...

all was well ... for a couple of months and its just started playing up again :/

could be due to the fact that i bought cheap aftermarket parts rather than genuine ford ones?

ford want £100 just for a set of leads whereas the non-genuine ones were only £25.

think im gona try find a set of genuine ones on eBay before i splash out £100 just incase its not actually the leads causing the problem.

extra info: yesterday she was driving fine until i got on the motorway then started to misfire and engine light came on.

so i pulled over for about ten mins, check lead connections n when i drove on she was fine!

drove to destination using A roads instead of motorway, no probs.

after an hour or so at destination (so engine had cooled down) i go to drive home and she is misfiring even in neutral when i rev.

so kinda back to square 1 with this one???

tony did u get ur EGR valve replaced and did it sort the problem?

input from anyone greatly appreciated :)

No fault codes mean it was inlikely it was the egr start the car up wiggle the coil connections and leads and the coil wiring there can be small breaks in the wire that will cause these issues that wont throw up a fault code common on all fords cheap leads arent good but fords own brand leads are Bosch so you can get them far cheaper than what ford qoute sadly its a process of elimination

• Like 1

ah nice one artscot i didnt know tht about fords stuff being Bosch!

a very handy tip because yea the ford prices are a joke. they want £160 for a coil pack and i can get a brand new Bosch one on eBay for £46

OR there is a breakers yard selling a genuine, tested and working, coil pack AND leads for £20 including postage with a 3 month warranty!

people DO NOT BUY DIRECTY FROM FORD aka R*BBING B*ASTARDS

• 2 weeks later...

i replaced my after market coil pack n leads with a set of second hand ford ones but it made no difference.

diagnostic plug in tool said there was a valve issue.

so i stuck a bottle of redex valve cleaner in the fuel tank and she is running smoothe again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club