Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus Mk2 1.8Tdci Titanium

jake86

Hi All,

I thought I'd share my MK2 Focus with you all to see what you think and maybe inspire those of you that own a MK2 focus for modification ideas.

Here is a list of Modifications I have made and stuff that has been done:

- Tinted rear windows

- Brake Callipers painted Red

- MK 2.5 Rear Spoiler fitted

- Mk 2.5 Rear Bumper with Parking Sensors fitted

- Front Splitter Colour Coded

- Chrome grill trim replaced for Matt black one

- Colour coded fog trims fitted

- Wheels refurbished

- Lowered 30mm on Eibach springs

- Car has been detailed/polished

- Added the rear window plastic seals that go down the sides which the MK2.5's seem to have

Regards

Jake

post-50466-0-00132100-1407779457_thumb.j

post-50466-0-99577200-1407779484_thumb.j

post-50466-0-24573700-1407779520_thumb.j

Really nice n clean. But somehow I don't think the alloys suit it. They look oversized. Perhaps it me

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

maybe... but they come with the car... whether they were standard with the titanium model from ford I'm not sure... I think they were for the MK2?

Think your car came with the multi spoke type alloy your alloys look like the standard wheel trim that came with my car. Need to get alloys on it soon

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I've seen the multi spoke one's on a few MK2.5 Titanium's...

nice clean car, get some mk2.5 rear lights on there ;-)

what is this "Added the rear window plastic seals that go down the sides which the MK2.5's seem to have"

do you have any pictures?

Is the facelift rear bumper a straight swap for the mk2?

Facelift bumper is a straight swap!

Easy job too

They go for pretty cheap on the fle-bay

Sent from my iPhone

Sweet, guessing I'll have to re-spray it, not seen a facelift in machine silver.

Buy a moondust silver and paint the rest of the car? Lol

Sent from my iPhone

I have been considering buying the Mk2.5 rear lights, also thinking about changing the front headlights with the Black inner ones.

@ Jamie

I wouldn't say the Mk2.5 bumper was a straight swap the reverse and fog lights have different connectors to the MK2 so you have to buy the mk2.5 reverse and fog light connectors which are rare.

However I did it different, the bumper that I have still had the reverse and fog lights left in them with the connectors because the wire had just been cut upon removal.

So I cut the wire that was attached to the mk2 connectors, crimped the wire coming out of the mk2.5 reverse and fog lights and then did the same to the wire coming from my car - added connectors to the ends of the wires.... then connected the to wires together and wrapped them with insulated tape.

I wouldn't worry about what colour you buy as your most likely going to have to get it re-sprayed anyway as car breakers tend to store them badly... so it will most likely have scratches and scuffs on.

@ Nittin

Check the attached picture I quickly found on the internet for plastic seals...

Finus Numbers:

1539801 & 1539802

took a while to find these Finus numbers and luckily I still have them stored on my phone!

These parts will help with the water running down the sides as it seals the gap you have without them. It also prevents the bonding on the rear window from weathering so much... however I was to late for that but to prevent mine from getting any worse I installed them anyway.

Also FYI... you don't have to take the spoiler off to install them they literarily just sit at the edge/under it.

post-50466-0-31452700-1407939348_thumb.j

I have been considering buying the Mk2.5 rear lights, also thinking about changing the front headlights with the Black inner ones.

@ Jamie

I wouldn't say the Mk2.5 bumper was a straight swap the reverse and fog lights have different connectors to the MK2 so you have to buy the mk2.5 reverse and fog light connectors which are rare.

However I did it different, the bumper that I have still had the reverse and fog lights left in them with the connectors because the wire had just been cut upon removal.

So I cut the wire that was attached to the mk2 connectors, crimped the wire coming out of the mk2.5 reverse and fog lights and then did the same to the wire coming from my car - added connectors to the ends of the wires.... then connected the to wires together and wrapped them with insulated tape.

I wouldn't worry about what colour you buy as your most likely going to have to get it re-sprayed anyway as car breakers tend to store them badly... so it will most likely have scratches and scuffs on.

@ Nittin

Check the attached picture I quickly found on the internet for plastic seals...

Finus Numbers:

1539801 & 1539802

took a while to find these Finus numbers and luckily I still have them stored on my phone!

These parts will help with the water running down the sides as it seals the gap you have without them. It also prevents the bonding on the rear window from weathering so much... however I was to late for that but to prevent mine from getting any worse I installed them anyway.

Also FYI... you don't have to take the spoiler off to install them they literarily just sit at the edge/under it.

Sounds straight forward enough to fit the rear bumper anyway, I thought the light connectors may be different, I'd prob have a go at spraying it myself.

The mk2.5 tail lights look a lot better, there's a guide on here on how to fit them. I did it different though, I managed to keep the original bulb holders. I filed down the bulb holders slightly and filed the tail light holes so they would fit in, they twist into position and are pretty tight, I put some tape on them to be safe. Not had any condensation in the lights or anything so seems to of worked well. The only problem was getting plastic filings in the tail lights, but a bit of shaking whilst having a Hoover attachment over the hole the came straight out.

I had to order some red brake light bulbs too, cheap as anything of eBay though.

Sorry guys by "straight swap" I was saying no body panels need to be changes, or mounting points.

Sent from my iPhone