Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Assistance

Clarky2013

So 200 miles in on my new st3 and got an annoying rattle / vibration, found the culprit, the black plastic trim behind the rear view mirror which houses the sensor wiring, sounds like a wire is either vibrating against the plastic or the trim isn't fitted properly. Any advice? Or just book it in for ford to look at it?

Image just in case I haven't made it clear what bit I'm referring to.

post-44676-0-62910500-1407787482_thumb.j

Take it back that's shoddy work so they should fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Think its gonna have to go in. Shame as it only needs a bit of adhesive tape but can't figure out how the trim comes off. Owe well guess it's an excuse to use the loud pedal more to drown out the noise :P

Exact same problem I have, good to see it's not just me. I've taken it to ford and they improved it but it still vibrates a bit on bumpy roads, and the engine vibrations at low revs cause it too. I'll be getting them to have another look next week when I take it in for MP215.

I find that if you just touch the plastic that stops it from vibrating, so don't know what exactly is causing the noise. It's so annoying cos it's literally the only problem I've had with the car haha. Also they said they would struggle to fix it under warranty which I don't accept really, it's clearly a manufacturing flaw. Even so it can't be that expensive to fix, even if they have to replace a bit of trim.

Just get it booked in at the dealers mate, last thing you want is to break it!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Booked in for next Tuesday. It is definitely covered under warranty and yeah same thing if i press gently on it , the vibration stops. all that it needed is some 1mm black adhesive tape in the small gap to secure it, but I guess the garage will need the car from 8am to 6pm to figure that out ;)

also just checked etis, ive got a friday car no probably gonna find a few rattles lol

Edited by Clarky2013

So 200 miles in on my new st3 and got an annoying rattle / vibration, found the culprit, the black plastic trim behind the rear view mirror which houses the sensor wiring, sounds like a wire is either vibrating against the plastic or the trim isn't fitted properly. Any advice? Or just book it in for ford to look at it?

Image just in case I haven't made it clear what bit I'm referring to.

I had the same problem with my 2013 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec S and i found that it kept coming off aswell but i didn't take it into ford it just took it off and tried clipping it back on it was fiddly but it sorted the problem dont think it was put on properly in the first place but luckerly havent had this problem on my ST :P

haha just realised this topic is a sea of spirit blue ST's haha can't complain :P

How did you manage to remove it ? I may be being stupid but it is not budging on mine. Ive tried pinching the sides, sliding it down, tried to remove it by pulling it straight out , it really doesnt want to move! lol

How did you manage to remove it ? I may be being stupid but it is not budging on mine. Ive tried pinching the sides, sliding it down, tried to remove it by pulling it straight out , it really doesnt want to move! lol

i just pulled it off lol took some force and luckily didn't break anything but that managed to do the job but its prob more sensible to let Ford do it just incase one of the pasticly clips breaks off which i nearly did :ph34r:

lol fair enough, ive just wedged a folded up post it note in the gap as a temp fix till next week, seems to do the job though!

lol fair enough, ive just wedged a folded up post it note in the gap as a temp fix till next week, seems to do the job though!

Lol I did the same thing with kitchen paper before the first time I took it in.

You guys had better remove those bits of paper or the highly trained ford technicians will be using your temp fixes as a permanent repair and claiming it needed a highly skilled person to think outside the box to fix it. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

You guys had better remove those bits of paper or the highly trained ford technicians will be using your temp fixes as a permanent repair and claiming it needed a highly skilled person to think outside the box to fix it. Haha

Lol, that's what I did when I took it in last time, thought they would try and claim I broke it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club