Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 TDCi 110 - your views

pmmcbl

Good evening all,

I'm new here and I last had a Ford over 10 years ago. But things are about to change since I'm looking to get a 05/06 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 110. I have looked around and I could not find any negative feedback about the engine or any problems.

But since many of you drive Focus and other models you are the best people to get some kind of feedback.

I know the Focus is a very good car but does it work well with the 1.6 TDCi 110 or is there anything I should check for?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

the 1.6 is a very good car, my mate has one on a 55 reg.

i remapped it for him and he absoluteley luvs it. he say's it is as quick as their tt180 on twisty roads and 50+ mpg...

I've got an 1.6TDCI Zetec think it's 109 or 110 with DPF on an 09.

Hope it's the same engine in the earlier ones apologies if not. I know the earlier ones have higher c/o2 so not sure if it's managment tweaks that got that down.

It's a nice engine smooth and torquey, if you overtake multiple vehicles the time exposed to danger is higher than i'd like and it's the only time I've wanted more, but for general driving duties a/b roads, motorways and country lanes it's fun and nippy, the road handling to brilliant.

I am really pleased with it and it's very quiet on idle and when driving.

When I test drove one I was suprised at how the 1.6 drove as it's a whole heap better than expected.

It's not done 2000 miles yet but getting 48 - 50 mpg and with £35 road tax should be cheaper to run than my last car.

Hi Mate,

my mate's car i mapped said same about having more power for overtaking so had a power remap and now is transformed, with another 30bhp and 50nm more torque..

he gets 50+ mpg no matter how he drives, usually like a nutter :)

your engine is very slightly different to his as specs changed from 06..

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk