Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sport Ka 2008 Pipe Below Accumulator Leaking

seanyboy25

Hiya All

Just a quick one, my partners sport ka 2008 has a air con leak in it. found this the other day as green liquid was coming out. The leak is on the pipe that leaves the accumulator then goes to the condesor or motor. the leak was caused by the curved bracket holding the pipe in place this has now made a very small pin hole in pipe. I rang ford and they said it will cost £214 for the pipe . at the moment i have a piece a hose pipe around it with a jubilee clip so far so good. I dnt really wont to regas it as it may leak again as this is a temp fix.

Would it be possible to weld it closed the hole or just replace it with a second hand pipe and is it specific to what type of ka like couild i put 1.2 ltr pipe on this 1.6.

any help would do please

thanks all

second hand is probably the better answer, welding a hole on the air con pipe where its under such high pressure is just going to weaken the whole pipe.

If you can remove the pipe and completely wash out any trace of oil then someone who does tig welding will be able to sort it out. If done properly and providing there isn't any other corrosion in the area that will need to be removed and subsequently weaken the pipe then welding will be fine.

If you can find a mobile A/C repairer he will be able to cut out the broken bit and re-join it with a coupling , my old garage used to do this , THEN it used to be something like £65+vat but seeing as this is a throw away society who knows if they still do it, but worth an ask I spose. :D :driving:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club