Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heavier Clutch On A Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 2014?

masumba

hi watman , interesting post above . at the local dealership (same garage group from where i got the car but different branch) one of the mechanics said to me that ford changed the clutch springs this year .everyone at the garage apart from this guy denies this .would be interesting if anyone knows whether this could be the problem .

the branch where i got the car also deny this so someone is telling porkies .

anyway ill knwo the answer to my problem by the weekend and ill post the results on here

Mines a usually drive it at

2nd to 20 jump to 4th at 25 up to like 45 where a jump to 5th at 50 a barely use 3rd gear now unless goin from 2nd at 20 to 3rd to get to 30 then 4th gear (up hill a only do this) ;) and it works a got eco advanced driver lol

wheel nuts done .they say they cant find any fault with the clutch so its unlikely anyhting will be done

will find out for definite later

maybe its a feature of the new engine? my old car was a 1.4 fiesta 2012 and was as light as a feather ,even my hire car if you hold the car on the biting point in say first for a few seconds you can feel the pressure underfoot.and this car is a 2014 1.0 litre ecoboost zetec covering 1400 miles !

someone said at work it could just be that its a new car and the clutch will bed in and become easier in time

anyone got any thoughts on this scenario?

update

well they say 4 technicians studied it and one took it home road tested it and they said it was fine.

i find it heavy personally .i am 61 probably not as strong in the legs as someone younger ,but thats that really ,when i suggested to exchange the car the rep said hed give me a good price for my car....unreal

well thats that then im stuck with it ,guess ill have to trade it in for something else and lose more money or opt for an automatic .

so wish i still had my 2012 fiesta 1.4 and hadnt traded it in for this one

further update

to be fair the dealership staff were pleasant enough and explained the clutch is working fine and ford will not pay them out under warranty if they fitted a new one as its technically not faulty.

i really dont know what to do with this now apart from trade it in .its just one issue that is spoiling it for me .the car as a whole is fine apart from this one issue

• 11 months later...

How's ur clutch going has it got any better or worser?

I'm using 3rd gear around town, and I never use 5th until around 50mph.

Same for me

1st - upto 10mph

2nd - upto 20mph

3rd - upto 30mph

4th - upto 40mph

5th - 50+mph

Its hydraulic clutch which may feel heavier than a cable clutch

My clutch feels heavier than my last car to is this normal?

Mine is still the same, but yes it's heavier than on other cars I've tried (which were not Fiestas mind you)

I've got two Fiestas and both have a heavy clutch, a collegue also has a Fiesta, and his clutch is the same as well.

So I'm pretty certain it's just how it is (still annoys me a bit though, causs I have sore feet, and it hurts to hold the clutch down on prolonged trips with lots of city driving)

• Like 1

Are they both ecoboost u have heavy clutch in?because my mate has the normal 1.25 and he's are light as a feather

Both mine are Ecoboost, one is a 125ps Zetec S, the other is a black edition (140ps). My colleague has a 125ps Titanium (so also ecoboost).

Haven't tried the clutch in a non-ecoboost Fiesta.

I think I can feel slight vibration through clutch when pulling away in first. Would this just be the engine tramitting vibration?it's only slightly but I am new to this car and don't have. Another 1 to compare too

I think I can feel slight vibration through clutch when pulling away in first. Would this just be the engine tramitting vibration?it's only slightly but I am new to this car and don't have. Another 1 to compare too

What ecoboost you got, 100 or 125? Vibration will be slightly more noticable in 100 as dont think its got dmf ,125 has.
  • Like 1

Mines the 100. Is this normal to have slight vibration then?

I would think so, my has very slight vibration in 1st gear pulling away , and mines 100 focus ecoboost , on the focus the 100 definatly not got dual mass flywheel to dampen vibrations. 125 focus has.

• Like 1

I'm slowly learning about this engine. And thankyou for putting my mind at ease. Since coming out of my 1.4 petrol I seem to be reving quite hard in first gear in the ecoboost and not changing to second untill I hit about 30mph I'm still adjusting to the way this car drives. Any hints and tips?

I use the revcounter rather than the speedo. I never change up below 2500rpm, usually 3000. The clutch is fine though why they didn't use cable is a mystery, less to go wrong/cheaper etc. It's the 30 sticklers you have to watch, you're shifting between 2nd and 3rd like a lunatic, pita. I wish they'd stay at home or park-up, they obviously don't want to get anywhere soon.

• Like 1

When I test drove the vehicle I never felt any vibration out of the ordinary. It will be interesting when mine is delivered to see what my clutch is like.

Saying that its the first ford I have driven also!

• Like 1

When is urs getting deliverd?

They advised two weeks, but should be sooner. He said 2 weeks max. Its only got to come along the a69! About an hours drive on a transporter! haha but two weeks for that?!

Yeh it's a long wait mate that would drive me nuts. And that slight vibration is only when I rev high in first gear when pulling away not when I drive normally. The power in second and third really does amaze me me and when u turn the sterio down and drive hard the engine note is very nice.

Very long wait- I keep hoping my phone rings to go okay come see it! My dad is giving my car a once over before we accept it, as it is used then we want to make sure everything is okay. Just recently had its 2nd service so hopefully all is okay!

When I test drove the car, I didnt exactly floor it but gave it a little right foot and it takes off very nicely- a lot better than my 1.4. Is it way nicer than your old one?

Yep way nicer interior is loads better less rattlely the build quality is be than the older shape. I will be be fitting front mud flaps as the wings are ceptable to stone chips. So make sure u check at the bottom of front wings. Sterio sounds better than my last car wich was a fiesta titanium with the Sony head unit. My key is a nice touch but don't really have any use for it.