Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Protect Your Ford!

Maxxxykins

Hi All,

Just before I start I saw this somewhere else on here before but can't find it again, and before I go breaking any rules, I'm not affiliated with this company anyway, just thought it was valuable knowledge to share.

Apparently Cars like this are stolen every week, are stripped and sold for parts, pretty hard to trace once the car is dismantled and fitted/sold around.

Was browsing through youtube on my iPad and one of the suggest videos was this: http://www.youtube.com/embed/dvmSOEKfkug?list=UUYUbIXYW8qzVjK5mt1G66g

After watching it, I thought it would be useful for any ST/RS owners who want to upgrade the security on their car. Seems like a good system but at a price, can't speak from experience but it just looks to easy..

Anyway here is the full site and information: http://www.securemycar.co.uk/Ford-focus-rs-stolen-viper-car-alarm.html

Regards, Max.

That's crazy. Great video, thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

holy cack!

that makes it look so easy! that system does look good, no doubt about it.

What irritates me is that the likes of Ford and other manufacturers dont get these guys on board in partnership so that you can get a better deal when buying a new car.

holy cack!

that makes it look so easy! that system does look good, no doubt about it.

What irritates me is that the likes of Ford and other manufacturers dont get these guys on board in partnership so that you can get a better deal when buying a new car.

Exactly, not sure if ford use a similar system (what is used to disabled the alarm) but I'm guessing they know about this by now. If I get an fiesta ST next year, I'll definately getting this.

• 5 months later...

Best thing to get is disklok go old skool visual detterent for the thieving scumbags

I've brought the trusty old disklok out of retirement and am working on various other ways to make it as difficult as possible to for some scumbag to plug something in to do the dirty nasty deed with an OBD connector & laptop.

I'd hope the disklok is enough of a deterrent to put them off deciding to pop the window and try going any further :angry:

Sunday morning I seen a post on FB from the Ford RS owners page and three had been stolen in the space of a couple of days.

I picked up my new Focus ZS on Monday and it's constantly playing on my mind how vulnerable the OBD port is. Of a night the car is usually parked on my driveway or outside my other halfs. I think I'll invest in a wheel lock as an extra measure of precaution.

I'm about to quote the Mythbusters (for all those mythterns out there!) "If its worth doing... Its worth over doing!".

I would definately go for as much protection as possible. My car is only a Zetec, and its a high miler, so I am a bit more relaxed about it and dont practice as deeply as I preach! But for those who have a car that they think is really worth protecting, then I would suggest it. If you can afford the professional solution, the likes of the youtube clip above shows how these security systems are worth having! but for those who wish to do it themselves, then yeah, find ways to disable the OBD port with hidden switches. go as far as to wire the hidden switches in the boot to slow them down!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club