Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Radio Problems

mrjudderman

Hello,
I know there are a lot of questions and answers on these forums about
Ford radios but I have looked extensively and can't find anything that
helps so far.

I have a 6000CD - one of these models - in a 58 plate Ford Focus.

6000CD-1.JPG

The car has an aux in jack and a usb slot in the center armrest.

I plugged my ipod into the aux in, and pressed the aux button, and
turned both devices onto full volume, but no joy. Checked the cable,
it's good. I tried plugging the ipod in via usb cable, it comes up as
connected to Ford Audio, but the radio console is not recognising
anything and will not play the ipod. Tried resetting the ipod as this
has been suggested but no joy. Tried connecting with both aux and usb,
no joy. Considering getting something like this (Genuine Ford Part - Audio IPod / IPhone USB Connection Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike) but I'm not optimistic. Should it help? Tried playing my phone through the aux jack, nothing.

Then I've tried connecting my phone to the console using bluetooth.
bluetooth is on on both devices, phone is discoverable, it searches and
finds Ford Audio, I select it - and no code shows. I type in 0000 or
1234, but it doesn't connect and still no code shows.

I've also tried using the voice command, I press the voice button, the
radio display reads "voice" but it does not beep as it should to signal
it is ready to receive a command, and nothing happens when I say
something.

Is it likely that the bluetooth/voice box thing is playing up for a start? And what can I do about the aux jack?

Many thanks

If the bluetooth/voice module is playing up you could try pulling the fuse for it to power it down and reset it.

Fuse 112 in the passenger junction box, make sure you've got your radio code as you'll need this when you power the radio up again.

The double cable you linked to is a must for your radio, the cable connected to your usb will only transfer and display track info and allow control of the iPod (not 100% on this though), the sound will only come out of an AUX cable.

There was a firmware upgrade available to allow USB only audio but I don't have a working link available and I'm not sure if your radio is compatible or whether it needs to be a Sony unit rather than the Visteon unit you have currently.

For BT I had issues too, the head unit had been paired with too many devices, deleted them all and see I'd that works

• Like 1

Hello, thanks for the advice so far. Just going to try playing with Fuse 112.
I will get a proper usb Y cable for the ipod, however the reason for doubting this will work is that the aux in is not transmitting any sound with any device, and the usb is not allowing control of the ipod from the console (I know sound wouldn't work anyway) even though the Ipod recognises Ford Audio.

As for the bluetooth - when I go onto Phone and press menu, it says "active phones". I select that option and I can scroll through phone 1 to 6. I don't know if that means all these spaces are actually taken with phones that I need to debond. However, if they are, the debond option is not coming up where it should (eg, go onto phones and press menu twice). There is only one option on the phones menu - Active Phones.

Is it worth taking the radio out and checking the aux connection to the back? Possibly could be dodgy, or infact not there at all making it a useless aux jack?

if there are bonded phones it would tell you the phones bluetooth name as you scrolled through, so looks like they are empty

Delete them all including your already bonded phone and start again. A friend had similar problem and this worked for them

• Like 1

So, it seems there are no phones bonded, yet it's still not giving me
a bluetooth code when I try and pair my phone, after disengaging the
unit from the battery.

To try and sort out the aux, I've taken the unit out and had a look at the quadlock connector to see if there is actually an aux connection. I found this:

post-57326-0-00702400-1408190945_thumb.j

Using the diagram below, it suggests that in Part B, I have Aux L + and -, Aux R + and -, SWC and SWC gnd, and is Part C I have Aux 2 L, Aux 2 R, and Audio Gnd. Does this sound like it's set up correctly?

stereoford8hx-1-1.jpg

Make sure you have removed any pairing from your phone too, if it tried to pair but failed it can sometimes create the profile on the phone, that can mess it up, so make sure BT pairing on both head unit and phone clear, disable bt on both and reenable it and try that, mind it wont accept music from your phone, it will only work with cals

It seems Ford used to make updates available via ford-mobile-connectivity.com. Could it be it needs an update? If so, is there anywhere these updates are still available?

It seems Ford used to make updates available via ford-mobile-connectivity.com. Could it be it needs an update? If so, is there anywhere these updates are still available?

I have the lastest (last?) Update from nov 2012 as mentioned before. Here is the link. I think the instructions are in the zip, copy the files onto the root of a usb stick. Not 100% on whether you can update via the visteon hu though.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz122gOgCjaCRk5UTHJlYVFFSW8/edit?usp=docslist_api

which unit is that for? the one the OP has?

the update is the same for every stereo - there are not different updates for the different types of stereos, you are updating the module not the stereo itself.

There you are then ;)

You learn something new every day. :d

I tried the update (thanks!), but the stereo did not respond to the usb being inserted, before or after switching the ignition on.

I've gone and taken the Nokia bluetooth box out to see if there's anything I can do with that. the sticker on the box describes it as "bluetooth voice connectivity with usb" so it seems to be the correct type of module, but it may be defective

is it a nokia or novero? thought only novero had usb. If the usb connector on the module is standard micro usb (was on mine) try a different cable directly into the module. Could be your current socket./cabling to the socket that has a problem.

It's Nokia - one of these:

1288907682_917_FT42120_007-module.jpg

It's pre 2009 which is when I think they changed the USB connector into a standard micro usb. Unfortunately mine isn't - you can see the difference here where mine is like the one on the right

up130481-20110922042_.jpg

I think I'll refit it, make sure the connections are as good as I can make them, and see what happens. Will have the effect of resetting the module as well. If that doesn't work, then I think I may gamble on getting a new module, becuase it's both connections that aren't working properly suggesting module rather than cables (possibly). Is there any other way of a more full/complete reset I can do on the module before doing that?

arrh yes - I remember that connector now, then again that looks like a standard USB A female connector will a standard USB A male connector fit into it?

it's very slightly smaller. Back in the days when every phone manufacturer had their own connection.

thats a bit rubbish then. spose only thing is to find a new module or borrow one if you know someone else with one to prove the fault. :(

I get some hissing interference when listening to talksport 1089 am and yet all my FM channels are perfect , radio model cd6000 57 plate focus LX , any comments would be appreciated now that the footie season has started . :(

Stream internet radio through a phone.

AM/MW was always rubbish.

Ok, so I've decided it's worth getting a new module as it's pretty likely to be the cause of the fault, but is the 8M5T-19C112-AK modules are pretty rare. Is there any problem with fitting a newer module, such as the CS7T-14D212-AC into the 58 Focus. Will there likely be any problems communicating with the radio console? If so, what about just a slightly differnet model, eg the 8M5T-19C112-AP.

The most obvious problem is this:
up130481-20110922042_.jpg

Is there any adaptor that will take the lead that plugs into the right hand side (which is not a standard usb lead) and plug into the standard micro usb input on the left?

If not, I don't mind splicing them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club