Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No tempature guage?

beatty36

Does any body else find it annoying that theres no tempature guage on the mk7 fiestas, its hard to no when the engine is warm enough to give it all she has, without reving on a cold engine.

Does any body else find it annoying that theres no tempature guage on the mk7 fiestas, its hard to no when the engine is warm enough to give it all she has, without reving on a cold engine.

No.

I am one of those cautious drivers that drove really old bangers once upon a time, so always used to watch the temp gauge when stuck in traffic, when it started to over heat I would wack on the heater and open the windows lol, I miss my temp gauge for that reason - old habits I suppose.

Surely there has to be somethign to warn you esp if it is over heating or does all that get covered with the one Engine Management light?

Totally agree, handy for pre warning of problems..........Ford be aware "One cost reduction to far"

Yes, you would've thought every car would have a temperature gauge, it's just something usefull to keep an eye on.

heh, didn't realise it was actually missing one :) But yeah, think it would've been better to have one.

It told me that the engine was getting hot, but I didnt do anything about it. Was I supposed to? :ph34r:

It told me that the engine was getting hot, but I didnt do anything about it. Was I supposed to? :ph34r:

When and how did it tell you? do you mean your mk 7 or another car?

When and how did it tell you? do you mean your mk 7 or another car?

My old Astra! :lol:

This one doesn't say anything. It tells me the temp outside the car but I don't think that is terribly accurate. Really doubt that it is 30 degrees outside. Another thing going off track, wouldnt it have been better to put the outside temp of the car in the same place where you could see what radio station/music you are playing? Then everyone could see it. Where it is currently situated, passengers cannot tell what the outside temp is.

I got used to having no temp gauge on my corsa so nothing new not having one in the fiesta lol.....but i must agree all my previous cars prior to the corsa had one and it just seems to be the trend these days to not have one.