Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Systems Fault On Dashboard

simcor

Did it on a couple of occasions the day after I got it then has been fine pretty much then started again yesterday. Now everytime I put the ignition on it beeps and says Engine systems fault, checked the OBC diagnostics code and none shown, checked it with my Autel maxiscan 509 and not getting any DTC's at all.

I had previously been getting EGR performance and EGR circuit low error codes but they are also not coming back now since being cleared a couple of times with my Autel scanner.

Any ideas as when the engine warning light is on power is seriously reduced revving up to 3K is struggle as is going up a hill.

I am wondering if it is a battery on it's last legs I assume these use canbus? I know om my ZTT a failing battery could cause all sorts of weird electrical issues.

Ben trying to remove an injector on my ZTT today and the studs are just rounding for the injector clamp !Removed! typical, on the plus side I have changed the rear indicator bulbs on the Focus so they are now orange again instead of white :)

I hate cars lol

I was told that the dash where the speedo is etc,that a solder on the back cracks pretty often and can cause it?not too sure though

its weird that youre getting no codes from a code reader too.

Well it's bugging me now doing it all the time now and not being able to accelerate is a pain.

On the plus side swapped the injector I thought was problematic on my ZTT after realising Haynes is a book of lies the clamp studs don't need removing at all just prise the injector up gently. Shame the Focus needs software to code the injectors in lol

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

Well I am going to see if I can swap the battery of my ZTT first as that is only a year or so old onto the Fcous and see if a better battery cures it.

Hmm just been reading other threads with the same issue pointing to various issues that have been solved by replacing various parts. Diagnostics is only as good as the person doing it and interpreting the diagnostic trouble codes and sensor data accurately.

But I do have a dodgy washer jet on the N/S which just wee's onto the bonnet, could this be causing water to leak onto some electrics in the engine bay as I read a similar problem, it's just another annoyance but not got round top checkign why that jet does not work properly.

Yeah the focus,or mine atleast,seems to suffer from water gettin into stupid places,aerial,boot release footwells and fuse box seem to be the main ones.systems fault is usually somethjng more than a leak but it could be a hundred things really ,better off getting it read by a proper machine as the handheld ones we use unless they're expensive ones won't pick up every code.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If your not getting any codes atall I'd think the display dash things broken (can't think of the name of the !Removed! part lol )

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Well tried swapping the battery for my other one of the ZTT and it is still the same, I know that is only a couple of years old.

So I am still stumped, the dash connection may be a worthwhile check but I am going to speak to the guy I bought it from as he has a vehicle diagnostics business but will be tomorrow now before I can speak to him and see what he has to say.

I have checked the fuel rail pressure and it is around 4000PSI when starting and the highest figure I saw while on a run round with my Scanner recording live data was 17000PSI which I assume is good fuel rail pressure? I know on the ZT failing tank or under bonnet pumps causing low pressure would put the car into a limp home mode.

The guy selling it has stamped the book as having serviced the car recently but I might try a new fuel filter just to be sure.

It also seems odd that I was getting error codes

P0488 EGR throttle control circuit A range/performance

P2141 EGR throttle control circuit A low

But since clearing these a couple of times they have not come back, possibly a coincidence or maybe related who knows.

Going to get some contact cleaner and remove all sensor plugs and clean them all and see if that does anything next I think, I have noticed a lot of the sensor plugs have black oily residue on them.

Tried removing all plugs to various sensors and using contact cleaner on them still no joy, also unplugged the MAF sensor just in case and still exactly the same, having said that I only got a pending code for air mass circuit not a stored code even after a 5 minute drive round with it unplugged. Going to have to speak to the guy I bought it from as he owns a vehicle diagnostics business and see if he can pick up any error codes with his equipment.

Sounds like a right pain. I remember when mine went into limp mode once, going up a hill on Woodhead Pass. Quite scary.

Keep us updated!

This evening I got in the car to come home and it took 30 secs or more after driving off for the warning rather than as soon as I turned the ignition on. Stopped at shop and restarted it and it didn't come on in the mile drive home turned key off then back on and straight away it came on. So annoying, still no error codes on IPK or my scanner at all.

Typical car has been fine all the way to work this morning.

Might have more of an idea what's going on with the car in a few days. Tomorrow I should be picking up a dealer level diagnostics kit so will be able to see what options are there to change too. It will be useful having full access to all the ecu's for a change.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club