Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Insurance Companies?

Ianb

I spent about 30 minutes in the phone with this guy...he better have all the right details lol. He does seem very eager to work on a deal to suit me.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Tell him to drop another £50 and his eagerness will pay off!

Got protected no claims out of him already, might try to push for free breakdown cover, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary on a 59 plate with only 26k miles on it

• Like 1

Got protected no claims out of him already, might try to push for free breakdown cover, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary on a 59 plate with only 26k miles on it

Unless you can think of anything else to push for instead.. If you can't think of anything then lets face it, breakdowns come in all shapes and sizes.. Statistics would indicate there is no need, but you never know... your car is near 5 years old, will be in it's 6th year for the best part of your insurance... sometimes stuff can go wrong..

They have targets to reach so as you're near the end of the month that's good for you. Phone him back late at night towards the end of the week and I'll bet he'll give you more. Breakdown cover is a must in my eyes even new cars break down so your 5 year old car could as well.

• Like 1

He did mention to call him before he leaves the office on Saturday if I was going to accept his quote, as the rates would be going up at the beginning of September. Like you mentioned I imagine he's trying to make a quota before the end of the month, but seeing as I need my car insured by Monday anyways, that was always the plan.

Will do, should be paying for it this weekend....then picking up my car on Monday!!

Sorted out all the final details for the insurance. I've got my mondeo covered for £640 with a £350 excess, protected no claims, fully comp, and with my better half as a named driver. Overall a massively better deal than anyone else was willing to give me. He also did me a great deal for insuring my girlfriend on my 1.6 focus zetec with me as a named driver.

Whilst I have no experience with making a claim or being with this company for an extended period of time I would highly recommend calling Chris Knott for a quote as so far the customer service has been excellent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on Chris Knott insurance. They've smashed the comparison site quotes for mine & my wife's insurance premiums the last two years , with lower excess & better level of cover.

They include 90 days EU driving cover, ICE equipment cover, key cover up to £750 in case you lose your keys or some !Removed! damages your locks & the locks need to be replaced, personal effect cover for your manbag, personal accident, leagal, courtesy car & windscreen cover with £75 excess. They put us with Highway Insurance, a division of LV & they actually go direct to the underwriters if they need to negotiate a better price. Staff are apparently targeted on customer service rather than sales figures.

Only problem is they're only open til 5pm Mon to Friday & 12 on Saturday, so difficult if you work office hours. Saying that, one of them stayed late to call me back last week to ensure we had temp cover to pick up my Wife's Mondeo. There are also a few high risk postcode areas they don't insure.

I heard of them through another Marque's forum, which they give a discount for being a member of. They also knocked £20 off for a second car in the household. Can't fault them, feels like you're talking to a real person who can use their own discretion, rather than just saying "computer says no" lol.

And no, I don't work for them. I've just been so impressed that now I shout about them to anybody that'll listen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I do well with Hastings Direct. I get vandalism cover, windscreen cover, other cars, fully comp for the princely sum of £35 a month. It would be £25 but I deferred costs spread over the year for changing cars etcetera, I changed 3 cars in three months so got stung with a few admin fees. I switched from my Accord to a ST24, then back to the Accord when the ST24 turned out to be too dangerous to drive, then to the Focus. I have £100 excess.
When shopping for insurance quotes, don't be tempted to get a cuddly meerkat, you will normally find that going through moneysupermarket will bring your prices right down, well it has in my experience.

Not sure if I wrote this in, but I found the cheapest quote was with Diamond or something (basically an insurance company originally created for women, also sister company with Admiral) I went through them and then Admiral matched the price... so ended up staying with Admiral, although it's so damn cheeky when you consider they knocked £100 off their renewal quote, ~ 25% *just like that*... obviously proves they make it up as they go along...

• 1 month later...

i was with ford insure paying £154 a mont on a bog standard zetec focus iv just changed to a fiesta zetec s black edition and they wanted over £300 a month so i rang adrian flux and got it down to £96 a month which for me is brilliant im 22 with 3 points.