Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Insurance Companies?

Ianb

Hey guys, time of the year for insurance renewal so as usual I go on all the comparison sites and then if I find quotes I like I go to the companies directly...

BUT I'm getting more and more quotes from companies I've never heard of and less and less from the usual ones...

on go compare my top results are:

LVE Liverpool Victoria - £239.74

Kwik fit - £246.97

Performance direct - £253

a few others..

Grove and Dean - £281 They've got ticks on everything: legal assistance, courtesy car, protected NCB, windscreen cover etc.. Tempting...

I mean I'm normally with Admiral but they want to stiff me near £400 squideroo's

Temptation is to click on the cheapest and buy buy buy, but I know no insurance companies want to pay out, but you feel more 'support' with some of the bigger names...

Flux direct on the comparison site (Adrian Flux?) wants near £370...

I'm driving a 1.6tdci estate for crying out loud, I've got 9 years no claims (been driving 9 years) and no convictions, mum's on the insurance with her 25+ ncb, no accidents etc, ...What else can a man do? :angry:

Oh yeh, the other reason I HAVE to go to the insurance companies direct is because a couple owners ago it was a cat D write off... so they need to know that too...

Lol, just tried taking dear mum off the insurance... ALL I'M SAVING BY HAVING HER ON IS 10 FOO KING QUID!

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::lol:

Hmm, Clive seeing as you're a Policeman and have had advanced training (yes?), can I put you on my insurance and knock it down some more?

How old are you? I'm mid 20's and Elephant have been the cheapest by far for at least 3/4 years now. Being a homeowner brings the insurance costs down, and with my 23 year old fiancee on there brings it down by £100! Down to just over £200 for the year with 3 points and 6 years protected no claims.

• Like 1

I'm with Hastings. Usually admiral but too expensive. As you are calling companies try brentacre insurance. They were cheapest on my evo a few years back by nearly £250.

!Removed! hell, well I've exchanged contracts on a place but have not completed, completion on the 1st sept, not sure if I should drop that in?

I'm 26, would've been smart to include that :lol:

Would love to put my fiancée on but unfortunately she has a Jersey licence which from research is not recognised as a full UK licence, but it CAN be swapped no problem... Pain in the bum, but we'll see later on, ill try ringing companies and see..

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

LV will be very good and sounds like a very cheap quote for them, they are usually pretty expensive.

At the end of the day you will never know how good or bad a company is until you make a claim. If you don't claim the cheapest will always be the best of course.

I use comparison sites and usually pick the cheapest including the extras that I want. Most of the unheard of companies are affiliated to the big boys anyway.

LV will be very good and sounds like a very cheap quote for them, they are usually pretty expensive.

At the end of the day you will never know how good or bad a company is until you make a claim. If you don't claim the cheapest will always be the best of course.

I use comparison sites and usually pick the cheapest including the extras that I want. Most of the unheard of companies are affiliated to the big boys anyway.

Yeh true I guess. Only I went with some company a while ago when I first got the car and they were awful, I cancelled the policy because I could never speak to anything other than a robot on the !Removed! phone.. Fortunately it was in the 'cooling period' or whatever it's called so got a full refund.

I'll give LV a ring then I suppose, I've never heard of them.. I noticed there were LVE w/e they're called, there was Liverpool Victoria (LVE) and another one, I can't remember maybe LVE plus? Not really sure on the difference.

Thanks for the help.

I too am looking for insurance and having the same problem. One thing i did notice was that taking my mum off the insurance brought it down and putting my parter on brought it down. Makes no sense to me as my partner has only 3 years no claims where as my mum has about 15 years.

It's a lottery with insurance. I've found Direct Line are the cheapest for me though and they are not on the price comparison websites.

• Like 1

I too am looking for insurance and having the same problem. One thing i did notice was that taking my mum off the insurance brought it down and putting my parter on brought it down. Makes no sense to me as my partner has only 3 years no claims where as my mum has about 15 years.

It's a lottery with insurance. I've found Direct Line are the cheapest for me though and they are not on the price comparison websites.

Hmm nightmare. My mum used to bring it down loads, now on the price comparison sites it's like £10... I used to have my dad on there....but then he got caught speeding :lol: Bad egg!

• Like 1

According to my Aunt (worked as an insurance broker for almost 40 years for the same firm until her redundancy recently) A female driver is considered a calming and makes the male seem more stable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

According to my Aunt (worked as an insurance broker for almost 40 years for the same firm until her redundancy recently) A female driver is considered a calming and makes the male seem more stable.

Unstable?...who?...ME??? :blink::angry::driving:

I'll have to ring them and try and sort it so my fiancee is on it or something :lol:

Well putting my fiancee and my mum onto the insurance gets it to £283 with Diamond (Just for women) :lol: ....Might have to go with them!

Just for women insurance might be what I need judging by my 8% score on this:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/60535-worlds-hardest-car-quiz/

• Like 1

Well putting my fiancee and my mum onto the insurance gets it to £283 with Diamond (Just for women) :lol: ....Might have to go with them!

Just for women insurance might be what I need judging by my 8% score on this:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/60535-worlds-hardest-car-quiz/

I heard they had to allow men so it wasn't discrimination when the equal insurance laws came in :lol: Same with Shelia's wheels :P

• Like 3

I know a chap who went with Diamond...and got the contents of his handbag covered too!!

• Like 2

I know a chap who went with Diamond...and got the contents of his handbag covered too!!

:lol: yeh I read that... up to the value of £300 I think hahahaha... Good job I have a handba....uh..anyway,,, :ermm:

I heard they had to allow men so it wasn't discrimination when the equal insurance laws came in :lol: Same with Shelia's wheels :P

As I was going through the process it tried to fob me off to Admiral (I assume a sister company or something).. I'm guessing because I'm not a woman :lol: Cheeky gits...

• Like 1

But would Admiral cover your handbag? ;)

• Like 1

:lol: yeh I read that... up to the value of £200 I think hahahaha... Good job I have a handba....uh..anyway,,, :ermm:

As I was going through the process it tried to fob me off to Admiral (I assume a sister company or something).. I'm guessing because I'm not a woman :lol: Cheeky gits...

You stick to your guns Ian, it's obviously your feminine side that's showing.

One of my best mates has a manbag I must remember to tell him about the free extra available with Diamond

• Like 1

Hi,

Feel free to PM me and I'll double check to see if we can do anything else to reduce our premium.

Kind regards

Dan

Had to get the insurance sorted today, it ran out today so needed to be done asap.

Admiral sent me the renewal for £392.59

I phoned Diamond who gave me an online quote of £288.32 they said they are a sister company of Admiral, so they put me through and Admiral matched my quote with Diamond AND I mentioned that I have Ford alloys (modification) and that I want to put my 24yr fiancee on and they kept it at £288..so that's one less thing to worry about. £100 less than renewal quote!!! (Cheeky buggers!)

Unfortunately I don't get my handbag covered though :cry:

Funny thing is with Diamond, I thought well maybe if I don't add my fiancee on it'll be cheaper - taking her off bumped the quote up by £50!!!! Madness :lol:

Some are brokers and some are insurance companies. You will normally only hear of those who spend a lot on advertising. Other insurers rely on brokers to promote them. But some larger brokers are also paying to appear on the comparison sites so in effect you are going to a comparison site to go through a broker to go with an insurer......

If you have not heard of the name do a Google of them, check they have a UK head office and are registered with UK regulators.

Never ever visit an insurer through a link sent to you on Facebook or Twitter etc. There are still fake insurance quote sites out there.

I was with Saga - renewal (01/09/2014) was £370 inc legal cover and enhanced courtesy car, tried the compare sites, was getting £220 for very basis cover from someone I had never heard of, tried direct line, flux , admiral & nfu came back at £360 - £550. Then went for Aviva - £256 all included - give em a try!!

• Like 1

I've been ringing around insurance companies today looking for a quote on a 59 plate mondeo titanium x sport which I'm picking up on Monday. My insurance has always been expensive being a 23 year old and having held my UK license for less than 2 years, however I have 6 years no claims from when I was driving in America. It certainly doesn't help that I have to have my girlfriend as a named driver who had an accident earlier this year.

So far the cheapest quote I've had by far was from Chris Knott Insurance who I found through TalkFord (sorry, not trying to advertise other sites or anything) and even that was £640 with a £350 excess. But so far they're the only company who have been able to give me a reasonable quote (if you can call £640 reasonable)

I'll keep shopping around but even the woman from Adrian Flux said that they couldn't match anywhere near that offer (quoting me over £1k) and my cheapest quote from comparison websites was £1,750 with a £700 excess!!!

• Like 1

Buy it quick before they change their mind

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Buy it quick before they change their mind

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

+1

As long as they have all the correct details that is...

I spent about 30 minutes in the phone with this guy...he better have all the right details lol. He does seem very eager to work on a deal to suit me.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1