Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Decat'ing pros and cons please :D

Sid_WRC

been thinking about decat'ing my focus, maybe even a straight through system, i've done this on much older less sophisticated cars and never had problems. however im a little unsure about getting it done to a new focus :\, i've heard the horror stories with sensors and engine management trouble etc. just wondering if anyone can give pros and cons

cheers

I would take cae decating the new engines, with emision control being a big thing these days all changes to this will throw errors,

You are better getting a sport cat and thus maintaining the lambda sensors in operatiion to stop overfueling and any other bugbears.

Decating bit engines as v8 does bring back the great noise and adds performance, on a smaller engine I would just go down route of sport cats and full exhaust system than rist messing up engine due to wrong fueling and then you have the hassle of having to put it back each MOT . service especially if car under warranty.

I've considered decating my past 2.0 and 1.8 zetechs and in end just went down the route of sports exhausts easier and jsut as good benefits

I would take cae decating the new engines, with emision control being a big thing these days all changes to this will throw errors,

You are better getting a sport cat and thus maintaining the lambda sensors in operatiion to stop overfueling and any other bugbears.

Decating bit engines as v8 does bring back the great noise and adds performance, on a smaller engine I would just go down route of sport cats and full exhaust system than rist messing up engine due to wrong fueling and then you have the hassle of having to put it back each MOT . service especially if car under warranty.

I've considered decating my past 2.0 and 1.8 zetechs and in end just went down the route of sports exhausts easier and jsut as good benefits

cheers :D, i imagine its cheaper too. what difference does a sport cat make?

agreed, i would just pay the little extra for the sports cat now and save the hassle later. Sports cats are alot less restrictive that standard ones so you will have a power increase but you will not have any problems passing an mot. If you decat the exhaust you will need to refit the cat each year before its mot, also should you ever be subject to a road side spot check you may well be in alot of trouble.

just noticed your car is a 2009? wont be due an mot for a while, would personally still go with the sports cat though.

you need to check if fitting would invalidate your warrenty?

yeah, thats why i was tempted by the decat as i wont need an mot for 3 years with it being 09.

i've spoken with greyhound and they said modifications only void the warranty on the items modified, say i modded the exhaust wouldn't void warranty on the engine etc.

yeah, thats why i was tempted by the decat as i wont need an mot for 3 years with it being 09.

i've spoken with greyhound and they said modifications only void the warranty on the items modified, say i modded the exhaust wouldn't void warranty on the engine etc.

Have alook around for miltek exhaust systems , they do entire systems, combine that with a good inducation system and you will get great results, plu fully legal, much better results than just pulling the cat out.

Have alook around for miltek exhaust systems , they do entire systems, combine that with a good inducation system and you will get great results, plu fully legal, much better results than just pulling the cat out.

already gone to town looking for an induction kit. finally found a kit that had the same maf sensor hole as my car.

this might be useful to anyone who wants an induction kit on an 09 focus actually, i got the last model focus' 2.0 litre induction kit, with a little modification this works a treat with my car

on the full system front, i've seen a lot of good systems for ST's, i know that these would be completely different at the manifold but i was wondering if they would be the same as my focus from that manifold back

• 3 years later...

already gone to town looking for an induction kit. finally found a kit that had the same maf sensor hole as my car.

this might be useful to anyone who wants an induction kit on an 09 focus actually, i got the last model focus' 2.0 litre induction kit, with a little modification this works a treat with my car

on the full system front, i've seen a lot of good systems for ST's, i know that these would be completely different at the manifold but i was wondering if they would be the same as my focus from that manifold back

I am also looking for a nice Decat pipe for my Focus TDCI 2.0 MK2.5 last face lift. Do share if you find a suitable one. I intend to keep rest of exhaust stock.