Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exterior Trim Wing Mirror Clips

andyp24

Hi all

I have a 2008 Focus and noticed the other day that the exterior plastic trim (triangle shape) which sits in front of the window was 'sticking out' slightly. I've had a close look and it looks like one of the clips (3 in total) which holds the trim in place is loose and needs replacing. Does anyone know where I can get these from? Nothing looks broken, the clip just seems to have lost it 'grip' - it pushes back in, but I can easily pop it out again with my finger. I've attached a couple of photos.

Cheers.

post-57153-0-45877200-1408449127_thumb.j

Go to your local Ford dealers parts counter and as for part (finis) number 1684265.

That will get you 3 clips for about £1.80.

I would also suggest that before refitting the panel that you warm it up gently with a hairdryer and bend it carefully so it sits flatter.

The panels tend to warp slightly which puts pressure on the clips causing them to pop out.

Had the exact same thing on my 07 Focus.

Before you get some new clips you could try putting some pvc tape over the hole in the body and poking a hole in it then refit the panel and see if it's more secure. The tape will reduce the hole diameter slightly and make the clip a tighter fit ;)

when you do get new clips ide advise using marine sealant to seal it apply it around the edge of the hole before putting the panel back on its known for water to leak into that hole as the plastic warps or when its heavy rain

I'd have to wonder if those holes in the body feed into a wet or dry area of the car as they don't have any sort of waterproof seal on them.

Trying to rack my brains as to where I've seen a similar clip lately on my Focus but with a black rubber seal on it :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club