Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Wax/polish/sealant

Broad.156

Hi guys, just thought I'd post about a new product I've tried, it's the armour all shield, it's very easy wipe on wipe off application, and yet I've never had a better water repelling/beading finish! Definitely worth a try, it's my new fav cleaning product

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

i use it. its good, beads like nothing else and is very easy. on but can be a little hard off. Only thing I dont like about it is paintwork feels rubbery not smooth/friction free like conventional polish/wax. Lasts a long time too. also can be used on plastics and makes them very shiney

when i got my car i got it Diamondbrite and they gave me aftercare with it and everything beads off of it! and if i keep it up with the after care kit i get the money back plus some extra

Super Resin, just can't go wrong. Although it was be pretty damn awesome for someone to make a black wax for white cars so I can see if I've missed any bits, hurts my eyes it's so shiny in the sun

Super Resin, just can't go wrong. Although it was be pretty damn awesome for someone to make a black wax for white cars so I can see if I've missed any bits, hurts my eyes it's so shiny in the sun

Super resin is good I've used it loads myself but it doesn't last, found bat combo is super resin to get the swirl free finish then armour all over the top because it keeps it's beading properties for a lot longer.

SRP like most polishes needs to be protected afterwards by using a wax or sealant, otherwise as you have found it doesnt last and you will end up polishing your car more often. It is good for filling swirls and light scratches though.

SRP like most polishes needs to be protected afterwards by using a wax or sealant, otherwise as you have found it doesnt last and you will end up polishing your car more often. It is good for filling swirls and light scratches though.

Yep

My favorite has to be carlack68 nano sealant followed up with a coat of carlack long life sealant bullet proof and lasts ages. :)

i'm currently using G techniq C2v3 for quick application, and amazing beading.

plus C4 on plastic trim,

thinking of using the very durable and long lasting C1 crystal lacquer nano sealant, and exo v2,

they are stunning but a bit tricky to apply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeFa50XKOQ

p.s. hi, 1st post... :D

Hi

Gtechniq products are very good, love the G1 on the windscreen.

Most of the nano sealants look difficult to apply, that gtechniq stuff if it isn't right it need to be machined off and started again.

Are you in that line of work? As I don't think it's a DIY sort of thing.

I bought some mer liquid wax the other day, didn't know how it would turn out but gave the car a really good shine and beads well when it rains.

Going to try poor boys or dodo juice wax next :)

Go for DoDo juice i can really recommend it to you. For your color I would choose Blue Velvet. I use it to and it looks quite awesome.

Hi

Gtechniq products are very good, love the G1 on the windscreen.

Most of the nano sealants look difficult to apply, that gtechniq stuff if it isn't right it need to be machined off and started again.

Are you in that line of work? As I don't think it's a DIY sort of thing.

no not a detailer, just an advid DIYer.

sorry should have said lacquer not serum, (amended post)

as the serum is an accredited detailer applied only. and can only be wet sanded off!

a machine polisher won't touch it! :o

i've used C5 on my other cars alloys, and C4 on both cars plastic trim,

that's not too difficult to apply but i'd say you have to be fairly competant and methodical as cars need to be machine polished first,

as no defect filling polishes are used it's straight to clean IPA prepped paint.

i ordered the C1 the other day, and plan to MOP and seal the car next week while i'm off work....weather permitting.

ideally could do with a large well lit garage to work in, i only have access to a small one at work.

this is the gtechniq C2v3 on my other car....

rear-spoiler-6-web-1.jpg

i dont want to high jack this thread but seems like an appropriate place to ask :)

Ive paid for the Gardex protection pack for myecoboost zetec im picking up in a week. what would you all reccommmend to use with that in regards to polish wax etc? :)

i dont want to high jack this thread but seems like an appropriate place to ask :)

Ive paid for the Gardex protection pack for myecoboost zetec im picking up in a week. what would you all reccommmend to use with that in regards to polish wax etc? :)

are ford applying it? as i'm not a big fan of dealer applied coatings.

most are little better than a sealant with a quick detailer used monthly to top up the water repellancy...

the quality of the finish depends a lot on prep work done, actually applying the coating doesn't take that long.

autoglym 'lifeshine' dealer applied packs can be had for less than £20 a go on eBay, done a few cars with those products myself...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOGLYM-LIFESHINE-Life-Shine-Auto-glym-Car-Cleaning-New-Sealed-/151386361955?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item233f549063

a good accredited detailer

http://gtechniq.com/quote-me/

would do a full detail and 1st stage correction and then apply a quality sealant like gtechniq's C1 crysta l lacquer from £249....

http://detailmyride.co.uk/gtechniq.html

All those dealer supplied coatings are a waste of money, you can gat better from a proper detailer.

If you like keeping your car clean yourself and don't mind polishing and waxing don't bother with them. They are probably ok for people who haven't got the time or don't really care as long as the car looks clean after a quick wash at the local supermarket.

• Like 1

Go for DoDo juice i can really recommend it to you. For your color I would choose Blue Velvet. I use it to and it looks quite awesome.

Yeah think I'll give it a go. Just got to get round to ordering it aha

If you're worried about trying nanos, try something like wolf chemicals shine and glaze or nanolex nanowax. You only have to wait 6 months if it goes wrong :D

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Ah just been on the clean your car website, can see a fair few items being ordered tommorow , think I've caught the detailing bug haha

Ordered some products this morning! :D that's what my Saturday afternoon will be spent doing aha

The gtechniq stuff is great. I used it on my old car & it worked beautifully. My dad gave me a Diamondbrite DB32 aftercare kit when he bought his MK7.5. Anybody used these before? I've heard they're expensive.

I use Demon snow foam followed by an application of Demon s

Shine and have had fantastic results. Good beading and after a couple of applications build up of dirt is removed quickly

I must be doing something right, car was MOT'd and had a service and was complimented on being one of the cleanest cars thyey had worked on and that was from a Ford main dealership (Evans Halshaws Old Trafford. I use Armour all Alloy wheel protector and Armour all tyre shine both excellant

Do any of these protect against the acid in bird crap? My MK7 is used as target practice by everything from sparrows to buzzards!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club