Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault Reader/dignostics

alanash

:wacko:hi everyone , a really big ask but does anyone in the Bolton area have a fault / diagnostic machine be able to come to mine and plug in my 06 focus 1.6 climate , only bought it yesterday of a old couple who left it sat with a flat battery for 6 months ive put new battery on and new battery in fob all central locking works ,lights windows etc but turn key and nothing..... dash say engine systems fault , the couple said it was running perfect when parked up any ideas ???????????????? :wacko:

Hi,

Ive seen this before, when you turn the key does the red light in the middle of the cluster flash like crazy?

If you tow/push start the car it will run, the reason it wont turn over is when then battery died the car started to throw up fault codes, these are all stored and until they are cleared the car wont start naturally using the key.

stupid i know but they is what happens if the car has been dead for a while, im not near you so i cant help with the clearing sorry. im sure someone else could

yes the red light does flash crazy , so if I can get someone to clear the code will it start on key ???

Yeppppp! Turn it on and off a few time to see if the red light will stop being a muppet. That's for the immobiliser. Then it may start with a push or tow.

However codes need clearing!

Sent from my iPhone

what if the red light doesn't stop flashing ???

Then it's not starting till the codes are cleared, it's also possible the car/key has lost the link so may needs re-coding

Sent from my iPhone

No you should be able to find someone in your area to do it. First things first, get the codes cleared and go from there. I know this must be annoying

Sent from my iPhone

thanks for your help pal ill keep you posted :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club