Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coil Pack ''connector'' Needed?!?!

stels

Ok - so ive found the culprit to my juddering and stalling problem..... see post Aug 2013! Its NOT the coil pack as prev thought (replaced twice in 6 months) but the coil pack connector.. as soon as we touch this little contraption my car takes a dickie fit. I am making HUGE sighs of relief noises as it really had me and the garage stumped for the past year!! So.... now off I go on my travels to try and find a replacement!! No such luck.... Every breakers ive tried has had theirs snipped off even before lifting the bonnet! Any ideas anyone? The garage has suggested replacing the full coil pack with an earlier version as this has a different connection and is widely available.... but would this work.

Im really gutted to be still having this issue a year on - still with only 34k on the clock. Help please?? :blink:

Please see pic..

Kindest regards,post-46376-0-57286600-1408543352_thumb.j

Stels :rolleyes:

post-46376-0-57286600-1408543352_thumb.j

You must be able to slide the pins out of the plug and manipulate the pins into a better shape for connection, failing that I would go to a maplins store and buy insulated crimp connectors and with a bit of tweaking you will be able to get them to fit good and tight, this is what I would do. :D :driving:

• Like 1

Thanks Andy.... We've tried this too but to no avail.... Just acquired part number 1w7t-14a464-la hope we can locate. Wish me luck :(

Try mouser electronics, 01494 467490 £2.06 . :D :driving:

I moustache them a question

Presumably just a loose connection, have you tried fiddling with the contacts with a tiny screwdriver to make them tighter?

+1

tweak the contacts, check the wires for breaks and use somer contact cleaner spray, see how you go.

The plug by itself is not available and a whole new loom is about £500.

There must be a breakers yard somewhere that has a complete engine you can get some pliers to?

Give these guys a shout and see if they'll part off the plug for you with some wire length attached.-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-ford-focus-Breaking-for-Spares-more-colours-in-stock-and-models-/261557341232?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus|Cars+Year%3A2005|Cars+Type%3A1.6&hash=item3ce6084c30

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club