Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Scuffplates

sonic113

ok I have been looking around for some scuff plates for the focus and came across these ones that are pretty cheap but look ok.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Door-Scuff-Sill-Plate-suit-for-2005-2010-Ford-MK2-Focus-/321454683289?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II&hash=item4ad8313499

also found this video on you tube that looks like an unboxing of the same ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljkldDZ2gA

they do look pretty good for the price and Im considering buying them I was wondering what you all thought first though?

also any images of any scuff plates that you have installed on your focus are welcome here.

I liked the ideo of the illuminated ones but I already have a few lights in the car and adding them might be overkill.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks andrew for replying.

your Link isnt working for some reason. Have you any images of them installed. how do you find them in terms of the way they attach to the car, do they come loose or one applied stay in place?

• Like 1

Try my edited post, that link should work. I made sure the paintwork was completely clean etc and they stick on with strong tape, have not come off so far. I will try to get pics tomorrow. They also fit estate model like mine.

Would go for illuminated ones but can't find anything other than white or blue. Was looking for red to match the footwells and dash

I bought the same ones you've got, or at least they look the same.. I think I paid about £12 for them. I like them, strong tape to stick them on, been on for maybe 10 months now? The black edging can sometimes get caught and 'stretch' off the edge, although it returns back to it's same 'taughtness' within a minute or two (kinda odd).

They're nice though. :D

• Like 1

I fitted Lockwood satin chrome ones, nice glossy finish and there's no way they're coming off without a fight-

post-28494-0-37286800-1408576012_thumb.j

post-28494-0-62434700-1408576017_thumb.j

post-28494-0-11163200-1408576023_thumb.j

• Like 1

+1 on the lockwoods Stoney, fitted some on my 3dr, very happy with them, decent quality and look really good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Try my edited post, that link should work. I made sure the paintwork was completely clean etc and they stick on with strong tape, have not come off so far. I will try to get pics tomorrow. They also fit estate model like mine.

No problem looking forward to the pics mate. I will check the link again.

Would go for illuminated ones but can't find anything other than white or blue. Was looking for red to match the footwells and dash

Yes I came across that issue I think red ones would be perfect with the red footwells.

I bought the same ones you've got, or at least they look the same.. I think I paid about £12 for them. I like them, strong tape to stick them on, been on for maybe 10 months now? The black edging can sometimes get caught and 'stretch' off the edge, although it returns back to it's same 'taughtness' within a minute or two (kinda odd).

They're nice though. :D

The exact same as the ones I linked to above? Where did you get them for £12? That's a good price have you any pics of them installed?

I fitted Lockwood satin chrome ones, nice glossy finish and there's no way they're coming off without a fight-

attachicon.gif04022012133.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0246.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0241.jpg

Stoney nice pics mate. They match the silver in the car well. Do you have a link or price for these ones?

• Like 1

Just search ebay, there's loads of options.

Thanks stoney. That's what I have been at and came across the ones I listed above. I think I may go with them as I like the way it says "focus" on them. I think it adds to them a little.

• Like 1

It's all about personal cjoice, I chose mine because they were shiny'n'simple with just a faint detail line to accent them a little.

• Like 1

It's all about personal cjoice, I chose mine because they were shiny'n'simple with just a faint detail line to accent them a little.

Whats "cjoice"? lol!

Yeah I know mate that's why I thought if some people posted actual pics of their scuff plates it gives a better idea of what they look like because its hard to tell from advertising pics.

I think they are all mostly made of the same stuff and are applied with sticky tape stripes at the back. I'll have a look about to see what's good bargains I come across.

Thanks stoney.

• Like 1

don't suppose anyone seen any illuminated red plates? I've not so much as seen a pic let alone anything for sale

Here are pics of mine

Nice , very nice indeed. They are identical looking to the ones above I linked to. I like the polished mirror part at the bottom.

Greats pics mate.

• Like 1

don't suppose anyone seen any illuminated red plates? I've not so much as seen a pic let alone anything for sale

No mate I actually tried looking last night and came up with nothing. But Somewhere must do red versions if there is blue and white led ones on the market.

• Like 2

Im with stoney with the lockwoods. I dont see the point in scuff plates that dont protect the lip/bend of the sill, they look nice but dont give the same level of protection.

url=http://s202.photobucket.com/user/hdreddy/media/2013-10-04122708_zps9cc9058a.jpg.html]2013-10-04122708_zps9cc9058a.jpg

• Like 1

There are red illuminated ones ford no. 1676402 at £198.33 + vat on fordpartsuk.com but are only a set of 2!!!!

There are red illuminated ones ford no. 1676402 at £198.33 + vat on fordpartsuk.com but are only a set of 2!!!!

...seems a little steep :blink:

• Like 2

Im with stoney with the lockwoods. I dont see the point in scuff plates that dont protect the lip/bend of the sill, they look nice but dont give the same level of protection.

url=]http://s202.photobucket.com/user/hdreddy/media/2013-10-04122708_zps9cc9058a.jpg.html]2013-10-04122708_zps9cc9058a.jpg

Good point mate I had never noticed that before. I like the way they curve over the cill.

Yeah a bit too steep for What they are but I guess its what you wanna spend though I wouldn't personally go that much for set of scuff plates.

...seems a little steep :blink:

• Like 1

I agree with stoney but i guess you pay your money and take your choice! Mine seem ok for the £11 or so i paid.

aye that's too much, ill maybe have a chat with some Chinese sellers and see if it can be made

I went for the illuminated ones, about the same price from chinese seller on eBay £23. Blue matched my interior theme perfectly. I ideally wanted the ones with the MK3 Focus logo, but they don't fit the mk2.5 unfortunately.

Been in since november 2013, and still going strong:

20131124_134112_zpsd16e8441.jpg

20131117_193112_zps22526b98.jpg

20131124_134132_zps923456cb.jpg

20131117_193146_zpsaf48378d.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club