Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fixed To Flip Key.

mrgrumpy88

Hi guys and gals looking at getting my fixed blade key converted to flip key. I did get ine of the ones of eBay where you just swap the insides but couldn't get it to work think might be problem with battery connection. Has anyone managed to do a conversion and if so how. Many thanks.

The conversion kits on eBay are cheap and nasty.

Did you swap the transponder chip over too or was the problem related to the central locking system?

Tbh, you're better off buying a complete flip key with all parts included and finding a good local Auto Locksmith to cut and programme the key for you.

Costs a bit more than a mix'n'match key off eBay but still much cheaper than from Ford.

Yeah swapped all the bits and the transponder the key would start the car no problem but couldn't get it programmed to unlock on remote. I did get another key but was told had the wrong type of transponder in it. So now back to square one. My next idea is going to get a flip key and change the blade for the one I already got cut on the eBay flip.

ive done this, got a blank key and blade off eBay.

got the key cut, manually programed the central locking and then got the key programed.

all in think it cost around £50

most cutters will not touch eBay keys now even timpsons are refusing to do them as well as auto locksmiths i know a cutter very well and he told me they all talk to each other and all agree they wont touch cheap and nasty keys from eBay he wouldnt even cut a friends key as they can break the c=utting machines these units eBay sell are nasty however for £60 you can have a converted flip key with a new style remote done by most auto locksmiths

The key i got from eBay was a genuie ford part, the lock smith also told me he wouldnt cut a copy key as it can damage his cutter

yep agreed i should have said make sure its a genuine part for the cost most cutters will make you a converted key now

Ive just got a used flip of eBay going to swap the blade for the one I already had cut and then find someone to program it gor me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club