Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth seams broke

Nipz

Its happened twice now and its really annoying.

In simple terms it just turns it self off, but says its still on under the 'Phone' menu, and when i go to turn it off and on it turns 'off' and back on again (automatically) within a second.

Took a video on my phone just a second ago so please dont be mad thats its bad :)

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Nip...nt=IMG_0525.flv

The first time it managed to sort it self out, no idea what did it i was just pressing every button. Ive tried turning the radio on and off and the bluetooth on my iPhone on and off and nothing seams to work!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. if you dont understand please say because im sleepy right now and not making a lot of sense :)

Mine was doing the same thing, pull the fuse in the glove box to reset it (can't remember which, but I think it's the one to the display rather than the stereo) you'll know you've pulled the correct one when the stereo display turns off.

Also check the fuse to make sure its the right type (mine had a 5amp instead of a 7.5amp in there)

so you turn it off and IT re-enables itself?

Yea thats right! No idea why

Mine was doing the same thing, pull the fuse in the glove box to reset it (can't remember which, but I think it's the one to the display rather than the stereo) you'll know you've pulled the correct one when the stereo display turns off.

Also check the fuse to make sure its the right type (mine had a 5amp instead of a 7.5amp in there)

Ok ill have a look. If i do pull the wrong one will it affect anything in the long run?

Yea thats right! No idea why

Ok ill have a look. If i do pull the wrong one will it affect anything in the long run?

Won't do any damage, I'll look when I get home from work to see which it is.

Won't do any damage, I'll look when I get home from work to see which it is.

Wicked! Thanks for that.

Pull out fuse F20 in the glovebox and put it back in, the stereo screen should go off and then come back on when the fuse is replaced.

See if that helps.

Pull out fuse F20 in the glovebox and put it back in, the stereo screen should go off and then come back on when the fuse is replaced.

See if that helps.

Thanks a lot for that! Ill have a look tomorrow morning :) it is not worth going to Ford and telling them about it and see what they say?

Thanks a lot for that! Ill have a look tomorrow morning :) it is not worth going to Ford and telling them about it and see what they say?

someone else on the forum sparked an idea, do you / can you stream music over b/t from your iPhone - maybe its forcing the link

someone else on the forum sparked an idea, do you / can you stream music over b/t from your iphone - maybe its forcing the link

Nah cant seam to do it. Its weird because when i try and turn it off and it turns itself back on the bluetooth logo isnt light up like normal!

I may just take it down tomorrow to see whats what, becuase if its a problem they can sort out i want it fixed for good.

did your h/u ever have the firmware update done?

i'm overdue my 3month check

did your h/u ever have the firmware update done?

i'm overdue my 3month check

They rang me the other day and said they still havent heard of anything :S

Ive decided just to pop down tomorrow as its less than 5 mins away just to let them know.

• 2 months later...
Its happened twice now and its really annoying.

In simple terms it just turns it self off, but says its still on under the 'Phone' menu, and when i go to turn it off and on it turns 'off' and back on again (automatically) within a second.

Took a video on my phone just a second ago so please dont be mad thats its bad :)

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Nip...nt=IMG_0525.flv

The first time it managed to sort it self out, no idea what did it i was just pressing every button. Ive tried turning the radio on and off and the bluetooth on my iPhone on and off and nothing seams to work!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. if you dont understand please say because im sleepy right now and not making a lot of sense :)

Mine has just started doing this!!!!! :o

Not been able to use bluetooth for the past few days, exact problem!!

*continues to read*

P.s. love the forum ;)

Mine has just started doing this!!!!! :o

Not been able to use bluetooth for the past few days, exact problem!!

*continues to read*

P.s. love the forum ;)

Hey Ben,

Really sorry i didnt reply to your PM ive been really busy making my website.

The way i got around it was to un pair my phone and repair it and seamed to work ok ever since.

Let me know if this helps.

Sorry again

Ben

hey. that did not help i was unable to unpair the phone, just stuck on the screen when tried to "debond" it.

I went for the scary suggestion of yanking a fuse out.. which actually worked :)

Basically it was fuse F2. F as in, from bottom left, A,B,C,D,E,F row to the right and the second use up (7.5 amps).

I pulled that out and the whole dash went dead. put it back in and it all lit up again and all the fans came on too... Was pretty scary, but the head units memory had been reset, all radio presets gone and more importantly the bluetooth now paired to my phone and worked.

Cheers again :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club