Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Text Reader

jonbenji

Hi guys wonder if anyone can help. I have ford fiesta titanium 13 reg and Samsung galaxy s3. Using the phone is great but all messages come up as if from unknown numbers. My phonebook is downloaded. Can anyone tell me if its just my phone or if i need to do something extra.

Thanks

I've got a Nexus 5 and the name comes up with the message, if you've got the phone book downloaded it should be OK.

Aright mate I have a HTC one and mines come up unknown aswell

Morning all,

I had the same problem with my Sony Xperia Z2 and couldn't work it out, drove me crazy!

However if you make sure all of the numbers in your phone are in normal style ie 07777777777 and not with the international dialing code +447777777777. I read somewhere that Sync gets confused with both types in your phone.

Once all contacts are in the 07, 01 etc format in your phone, delete phone book from SYNC and then re download phone book, should work!!

GOOD LUCK!

let me know how it works for you guys!

Happy Bank Holiday

I will try that today! Thanks mate! and it not a bank holiday in Scotland :( lol

• Like 1

The phonebook doesn't even have to be downloaded for names to appear on text messages, I received one before I downloaded the phonebook and it showed the name as opposed to the number!

Did you accept all the permissions on your phone when you synced it with the car?

I tried what Dan Said but didn't work and phone didn't ask any permissions when I think about it I typed the code into my phone to connect bluetooth then I accepted it on the dash for assistance but nothing on phone

Btw my phone is HTC one with latest updates does everything except read names of text messages which doesnt let me reply back...... any ideas?

Sorry mate, thought that would have sorted it for you! have you tried do bonding phone and re starting again?

I had the same problem. When I was in my old 09 Fiesta it sync'd with my htc wildfire s perfectly fine but once I changed phones to a Samsung galaxy s4 it wouldn't load up the names from my phonebook. I thought my phone was too new for the car or something.

Best going back to a Ford Dealership and ask for help really.

Is the Text Reader standard on the Ecoboost Zetec S?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys wonder if anyone can help. I have ford fiesta titanium 13 reg and samsung galaxy s3. Using the phone is great but all messages come up as if from unknown numbers. My phonebook is downloaded. Can anyone tell me if its just my phone or if i need to do something extra.

Should have bought an iphone lol..

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks all. I've tried all of the above and none have worked. My car is due for a service at the end of the month so will ask garage then and post answer if theygive a solution

I would think it's going to be that the phone doesn't support all the features of the car system.

Is this feature only on the facelift models? Ta

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club