Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Remap

Mike77

Sorry if this has been covered before,,,, but a friend of mine has his own established remap company,,, ( he mapped my previous car, focus 1.8tdci ) and has offered to map my fiesta 1.6tdci for £135, offering and additional 25bhp. Just wanting to hear from members who have had it done, and wondering if there are any potential problems etc,,,, he mentioned that normally a diesel car would expect 30 bhp but the map for the mk7 fiesta is slightly less because it has a weak clutch ? I personally think an extra 25bhp would be very noticeable, especially in a car so small,,,, come on ppl, give me your experiences.......

I noticed the extra 25bhp in mine, much more fun to drive.

Think I'd be a little concerned at being so close to the margin that 5bhp apparently saves the clutch or not :)

Depends more on the torque increase more than the 5bhp difference

He says the guy will only load the map in a safe way, to give the clutch enough tolerance to hold it's own.... He said it could go more, but to be on the safe side blah blah.

Had the st-3 remapped and the only problem i have had is fuel economy has gone out the window, :) other than that no problems

So this established friend of yours has offered to remap your car ... You know the answer already, the remap is written for individual cars and is solely for your model, hence written for your fiesta and its clutch. You must have faith in his work because you are thinking of useing one of his maps again. I personally don't think anyone can say a weak clutch is a factor, the remap is written like I say with the clutch and all other parts in the equation.

Having changed a clutch in a Mk7 1.6 TDCI I can say the clutch would be the weak point. Its not that its a weak part but the driven plate is quite small. The springs are tightly wound in the driven plate and the pressure plate spring is heavily set which gives the heavyish feel to the pedal but the weak spot is that small driven plate and given the torque the 1.6 TDCI engine puts out the clutch will have quite a bit more to cope with and its coping with as much as it can now,

If the driver is gentle on the clutch and gets his/her foot of smartly then it may cope.. To many fast aways or resting of the foot on the pedal and the clutch will really struggle.

Personally I wouldn't bother ...

Strangely the driven plate and DMF in the Peugeot 1.6 HDI is a far heavier larger and manly affair than in the ford and they are the same engine..

So this established friend of yours has offered to remap your car ... You know the answer already, the remap is written for individual cars and is solely for your model, hence written for your fiesta and its clutch. You must have faith in his work because you are thinking of useing one of his maps again. I personally don't think anyone can say a weak clutch is a factor, the remap is written like I say with the clutch and all other parts in the equation.

I'm not saying that my only concern is the clutch,,, I'm not really to concerned as I've not really got a heavy right foot, only mentioned this as he spoke about it. Wanted to know if anyone else had mappedtheir diesel fiesta and how they ran compared to standard. Also if they had experienced any hiccup's etc etc that might be worth thinking about. The focus I had done was great, smoother, and a lot stronger.