Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1984 Fiesta Ghia

Super_k_85

Hello guys,

I'm new here, so not sure if this is the right place to start this thread, so i'm really sorry if not...

I was looking for some advice.

I currently own a mk2 Fiesta 1.1 Ghia. as much as I love it I need something more practical. It's in great condition for it's age, however I do a lot of driving for work, and at the moment i'm worried I will just end up running it into the ground, plus I need something more practical for walking the dogs.

My plan at the moment is to keep it until the next MOT, which is in May, and then sell it with 12 months on it, but I need to make some sort of plan for saving up for a new car, and I was wondering how much you guys would expect to pay for something like this, so I can figure out a rough figure for what I need to save.

The mileage is on 80k at the mo, but would expect it to be more obviously by next year. It's champagne gold, surface rust in the usual places ie a few spots on the bonnet, round the sunroof and a bit on the boot, but really solid underneath. Doesn't use any oil, has gone through the last 2 MOTs needing relatively little, the one before last it went straight through with no advisories, no welding though. It belonged to my dads friends mother from new until he took it on a few years back, and then passed it on to me, it's been really well looked after. My dad is a mechanic and has serviced it every year since new. It's completely standard, other than having been de-badged at the front. The interior is also in good condition.

In the time i've had it the usual things have needed replacing. Up until a few months back it had the original spark plugs and HT leads, i've needed to replace ignition points, alternator, and the front part of the exhaust has been replaced.

As I mentioned before, I really love it, but other than needing something more practical, it would be nice for it to go to someone who is an enthusiast and wont just be using it to get from A to B.

What sort of price are these fetching now?

Thanks in advance for your help, and again, sorry if this is placed inappropriately.

Kirsty

Looking at it clinically to the trade it's worth almost nothing and they would just send it to auction. As a private sale you may get a few hundred for it or more if you find the right enthusiast willing to preserve it. At the end of the day it's a 10 year old Fiesta with quite high miles and not in mint condition so you have to remain realistic. Hopefully someone on here would be willing to give you more than book price.

Actually scrub that I didn't read properly sorry - it's 30 years old. Let's hope someone sees it as a future classic then.....

20 year old car, I would go to the fiesta owners club and ask about, if its good body wise, An enthusiast from a club is your best bet.

lolol I hereby claim OLD AGE has finally caught up with me :iim:

• Like 1

Don't worry - I worked it out at 10 originally. Duh !

Kirsty, I've told you before. Come see me. Sure we can do a deal my friend.

Steve xx

• Like 1

Kirsty, I've told you before. Come see me. Sure we can do a deal my friend.

Steve xx

I'll strike a deal with you now Mr Curno, if I win the lottery, you can have it :-D

Xx

• Like 1

Deal. You best start buying lotto tickets lol

Oh believe me I do, one day I'll have a red top nova :-P xx

With a cardboard bodykit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club