Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Drain Plug

Steve Hill

I've a 2005 KA and I'm trying to flush and drain the coolant but I can't find the rad drain plug! I could do it by taking the bottom hose off but to get at the clamp on the hose I'd have to remove the plastic bumper and sure as eggs are eggs clips will start breaking.

I've read that the plug is at the bottom left corner of the rad is that when you are facing the engine compartment? Or do some kAs not have a rad drain plug? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

It will be right on the bottom of the radiator if there is one. I usually just take the bottom pipe off. You shouldnt have to take any pieces of trim off to get to it as I have done many coolant changes on ka's and never had to take anything off. Coolant shuld be good for 10 years according to ford.

It will be right on the bottom of the radiator if there is one. I usually just take the bottom pipe off. You shouldnt have to take any pieces of trim off to get to it as I have done many coolant changes on ka's and never had to take anything off. Coolant shuld be good for 10 years according to ford.

Thanks for a quick reply. I'm fairly certain there is not a drain plug. Where I think it should be there's a plastic blanking grommet in the housing, I would imagine this would have ben the position of the plug. I know about the 10 year business but the last time my wife's ka was with the main dealer for a 24K service they phoned her up and suggested she had a coolant and engine flush bit of a contradiction from them! Wish they'd have phoned me and could have asked the reasoning for the contracdictory info.

Guess it will be the bottom hose. Think I can squeeze me hand up and release the clamp.

Thanks again for a quick reply.

I know about the 10 year business but the last time my wife's ka was with the main dealer for a 24K service they phoned her up and suggested she had a coolant and engine flush bit of a contradiction from them! Wish they'd have phoned me and could have asked the reasoning for the contracdictory info.

Just trying to get more money out of you. Main dealers are like that am afraid. They check the coolant 'strength' and if its 'weak' (eg. freezing point above minus 10) they will recommend a change.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club