Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Flip Key

SmithyJ

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a flip key on the mk2 Focus.? Just been quoted £100 for a replacement non remote key.

Any pointers on suppliers or where to go to get it done would be greatly appreciated! I'm in south Yorkshire

I have a flip key on mine.

It was the first thing I did when I bought the car and is used daily with no problems.

You sometimes find that some auto locksmiths and pretty much all high street key cutters will not do aftermarket keys because they bleat about the blades being too hard for their cutters but they are being wussy.

If you can get an original complete key then a locksmith can cut and code to your car in about 10 minutes.

It may be worth contacting this seller, I'm sure they will assist in providing a new fob and a new cut blade to match your car.

Programming to the car will be required using an IDS unit but takes 2 minutes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-2008-2010-new-3-button-remote-flip-key-fob-Brand-new-Never-used-/321362310083?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item4ad2afb3c3

They just want you to buy a brand new key and pay all the resultant costs they pile on.

Most dealers call in locksmiths themselves and then charge you their part on top.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club