Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gears & Other Problems.

andy_gib

Hi, All.

I've been experiencing some intermittent symptoms on my 05 2L petrol Focus over the past few months and I've convinced myself it's going to cost a fortune to fix. I've had difficult engaging 1/2/R gears (occasionally pops out/difficult selecting) When the clutch is engaged (foot off) light thudding can be heard, pressed noise goes away. I feel the cars being sluggish since I bought it, thought a good service would have sorted that out but still seems slower than expected. In the last service (April) local mechanic said gear linkage was tight but managed to free it and get it working better. Would that course symptoms? Replacement part £350 +fitting & vat? Seems a lot to me. I keep reading posts about flywheels/ clutch and I seem to have convinced myself it's going to cost a small fortune to fix = wife's not happy. Taking it in next month (when I've been payed) but just wanted to get some/any opinions before I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Sounds like the clutch or slave cylinder is on its way out is it slipping in gear ie revs going up but the cars not speeding up

I think so. Speed doesn't seem to go up as quick as I would have thought. Seems to be on a par with my old 1.5 Honda. Another reason I've convinced myself it going to cost a bit to fix.

Although biting point seems to still be quite high. Isn't a symptom of clutch failure a low or moving biting point? .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club