Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would This Work??

bry0586

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GARDJLO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2XN781J14HODG&coliid=IYDRKKY0CN4VZ

Would buying one of these, getting it cut to my key shape, and syncing it like it said in the instructions work instead of paying £200+ on a new genuine ford one?

youll be lucky to get that cut almost no locksmiths will cut these cheap blades as they break the cutter and its clear looking at that one its a cheap chinese key now you would have need it cut and programmed to the car syncing doesnt do that it just programmes the central locking i would call up an auto locksmith near you even a mobile one who will suply and cut and programme the key far cheaper than ford will in fact thats what ford do they get auto locksmiths to do it for you and claim a £90 diagnostic fee for the privelage

just to say it says you can change the blade you cant they are soldered in what you could do is buy that remote then get the cutter to supply and cut the bottom part so it will be a genuine blade that will save some cash easily

Actually you can remove the blade from a flip key but it is very fiddly.

There is a small pin that has to be knocked out, professionals use a jig to position everything securely.-

post-28494-0-75266000-1409242743_thumb.j

post-28494-0-33758800-1409242749_thumb.j

You could contact this seller-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-2008-2010-new-3-button-remote-flip-key-fob-Brand-new-Never-used-/321362310083?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item4ad2afb3c3

They offer complete new keys but on other listings they offer to cut blades to code or photos so may combine the service into one so you get a full key with correct blade ready to programme.

An Auto Locksmith is essential for the programming part as the cars PATSII system does not allow for adding them without using a proper IDS system via the OBDII data port.

Give them a shot and let us know how you get on.

If you have a good experience then others will find feedback very useful.

theyve started welding the pins in stoney locksmith tried knocking mine out and it knackered the bottom of the key in the end he done me a new key and fob etc all cut and programmed for £60 and the seller refunded my cash

Welded in?

Awkward beggars.

I reckon that eBay link I posted hopefully will solve Bryans dilemma.

Coding alone from a locksmith will be better than them refusing to cut the blades.

Agreed yep mine was listed as a replaceable blade pictures showed that i never checked when it arrived so a guy i know who cuts and codes keys for all the dealers not just ford told me they dont cut cheap blades that they all talk and agree not to as it breaks there machines the metals too hard but he would put a genuine blade on for me till he checked the pin and on one side was a small blob of weld any attempt to get the pin out failed the seller admitted he was aware god knows why they do it

My aftermarket key was rejected by Timpsons and a couple of independent cutters as they didn't want to risk their cutters.

It's because the blades look like chrome and they got scared.

The guy I used and recommend to people took the challenge and reckoned once he got past the surface metal that they are no harder to cut than other keys.