Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Problems

splash_uk

i have a 59 Mondeo Titanium X with USB port in the glove compartment but when i put my flash drive in it, nothing comes up? anybody know of why this could be,

my music files are in MP3 format.

Are you in August / USB mode?

• Like 1

Has anybody been poking around the bluetooth module, the lead can come out quite easy, it happened to me whilst modifying glovebox light, also you will probably need to remove glovebox and check that you have actually got a bluetooth usb module and somebody has just fitted a USB socket to charge a mp3 player whilst using it via usb lead.

Excuse the auto correct fail above meant aux not August

• Like 1

Got me wondering on that one, thought their might a full moon.

only joking jeebowhite

• Like 1

Are you in August / USB mode?

yes the AUX showes yo and the port works as ive tested it with my phone lead and there is power to it, just wont read the files on the headunit/flashdrive

Has anybody been poking around the Bluetooth module, the lead can come out quite easy, it happened to me whilst modifying glovebox light, also you will probably need to remove glovebox and check that you have actually got a Bluetooth usb module and somebody has just fitted a USB socket to charge a mp3 player whilst using it via usb lead.

not to my knowage, the usb has power to it and the bluetooth works fine,

Make sure your flash drive is formatted FAT32, and that your music is not in folders within folders.

• Like 1

The usb supports both fat 16 and 32 and 5000 folders containhg 1000 items and 8 sub folders. according to the manual, personally I am using fat 16 containing 600 mp3;'s without any folders so can scroll across without scrolling back thru folders.

all on a 16gb stick although about 3.5gb used

By FAT32 I meant to check it's not formatted NTFS, which could explain why it's not being found.

Forgive the dumbass question here but ....

Does this mean it's possible to run a flash drive via the USB without connecting into the aux port as well ?

I know mine has iPod connectivity (using USB and aux simultaneously) but I assumed you could only use the aux socket on its own as a "line in" connector (I.e. you'd lose the steering wheel control function).

Have I missed something here ?

(This intrigues me as I am getting the "your iPod has disconnected" message a fair bit and I think it's to do with the lead) i'm interested in other uses for the USB

Yes you can use Flash memory stick plug and play in USB socket without Aux complete with track/artist display on Converse + and in my case Sony 6DC Dab display, this is also controlled from the steering wheel button, I am using a 16gb stick with about 600 mp3's on it although I believe you can go upto 64gb, I rename my tracks title-Artist, to give random playlist but you can name how you wish, Folders and and sub folders are supported, certainly better than wading thru 6 CDs.

• Like 1

I'll have to give this a go :) if only the satnav screen played movies off USB as well hehehe

Had the USB stick got more than 1 partition?

My Bluetooth/USB wouldn't read sticks if this the case. Bit annoying when some come like this from the manufacturer for some bundled security software I didn't want anyhow.

True Ford USB only supports single partition

Make sure your flash drive is formatted FAT32, and that your music is not in folders within folders.

have reformatted the usb stick to FAT32 and no folders (synced it via windows media player) and still nothing not brave enuf to take the head unit out just yet but might have to as a last resort

Personally I would only use fat16, any problems I have had (not ford usb) have been around fat32, their are programs around that will format to original memory stick i.e.Fat consequently I stick to fat16 on all my memory cards due to not all items like tv recording , cameras, video cameras etc do not support fat32.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club