Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo TDCi

MultiDropper

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm looking to buy a Mondeo TDCi and I'm just looking for general advice.

I currently own a BMW 528iASE and I am sick of putting petrol in it! Other than that it is a fantastic car with good handling, power delivery and a sublime engine sound, but alas it has to go. I am after fuel economy these days, being 41 now I have to start growing up a bit! I sold a 4.0 litre BMW 7 series (how does 13mpg sound round town!?!) to buy the 5 series as they do a "little" more to the gallon.

I have always been a beemer bloke, but of late I have been looking at the Mondeo's and they look very impressive indeed. I have found the dealer where I want to buy the car, although he doesn't yet have what I want. I will be looking to buy a Ghia model, maybe 2004 model (facelift?) with the 2.0 litre TDCi engine.

If anyone can offer any advice on the Mondeo I will be very grateful. I know all about performance petrol engines (and how much they cost to run!) But I know very little about diesel engines.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

I owned a Mondeo Zetec 2.0 TDCi with the 115PS engine. It was a great car to drive, very comfortable, achieved around 45mpg with mostly town driving and I really loved it, apart from one little thing - the clutch was awful. It was either on or off. Very sharp, very jerky, with no real 'feel' to it as such. Now I've driven other Mondeo Diesels (I used to work in car sales) and they didn't have the problem.

I had it adjusted several times, but it didn't really make any difference. Apart from that, honestly, I still miss that car, as it was such a good drive and a very competent long-distance cruiser.

I'm in a petrol Focus at the moment, which I plan on keeping for another 11 months, before changing it for either a Focus 2.0TDCi or a Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (current shape).

Honestly, if you get a good one, you wont go far wrong. They're very easy to live with and extremely versatile. Good luck, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Hi Paul

I'm on my fourth Ford Tdci and wouldn't dream of going back to petrol, the modeo I have now still does about 40-45mpg or about 550miles for £60.00, dependant on where I'm driving ie motorway or if I put my foot down!!!

I have not had any problems with them as long as their serviced etc.

Good luck in finding one!

Cheers

Brad

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club