Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Kids Back To School Summer Is Over

Lenny

my ears hurt...................

We've all been there,

Acting the fool at skool,

Bell rings,

Time to go home..

And suddenly you realise.... Wait a minute wheres me jumpa ow no!!

comming from a school who sent out a letter to parents politly reminding them that black/dark charcoal was not the norm and that dark blue/navy was the proper uniform,my beloved mummy only went and bought me a blue uniform.

lo and behold 'I WAS THE ONLY P.RAT DRESSED IN A BLUE UNIFORM' out of about 500 pupils,and could not get away with nuffing at all.

AND THAT INCLUDES FORGETTING THE FOOKING JUMPER. :( :( :( :censored: :censored: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Like 1

comming from a school who sent out a letter to parents politly reminding them that black/dark charcoal was not the norm and that dark blue/navy was the proper uniform,my beloved mummy only went and bought me a blue uniform.

lo and behold 'I WAS THE ONLY P.RAT DRESSED IN A BLUE UNIFORM' out of about 500 pupils,and could not get away with nuffing at all.

AND THAT INCLUDES FORGETTING THE FOOKING JUMPER. :( :( :( :censored: :censored: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reminds me of my internship with work,

When i started they give me two pairs of ford blue coloured overalls,

But everyone else had baby blue overalls,

Meaning i couldn't take an extra 5 minutes tea break or anything because i stuck out a mile from the rest.

Thankfully they employed me afterwards and my overalls are now the same colour as the rest,

Crazy the things we remember from school aswell,

I had an ALF lunchbox,

Anyone remember ALF ?

And my ginger school mate named Garret but everyone called him carrot :lol:

Can't remember that far back ;)

I think we used slates and chalk or quills and parchment :d

• Like 2

I think we used slates and chalk or quills and parchment :d

My national school was called Stonetown school in co. Louth

Its still in operation today,

Was four in my class including myself all boys,

Was 50 pupils in the whole school :lol:

The desks had the ink pot holders from the days where the actually used quills,

And there was a stove at the top of the class where they lit a fire lol

I remember the first computer they had "windows 95" :lol:

Used to wheel it around on this custom built table with trolley wheels and an extension lead,

Nial Sloan was my teacher he even drove a Vauxhall and hit me a belt every now and then for getting me guides wrong lol

Our computer studies were on ZX Spectrums with thermal printers and BBC B computers that took forever to boot up.

My high school (Charles Dance went there :d) was replaced by a housing estate but my primary school is still in existence but is the most saught after placement in my city.

I got caned twice for bunking off and faking a sick note ;), (naughty me).

• Like 1

I think we used slates and chalk or quills and parchment :D

posh git,private schooling then. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

posh git,private schooling then. :lol: :lol:

It was a Tech school with Labs and Metal/Wood working shops. ;)

• Like 1

ermmmm,the computers we had were commodore with the monitor built in.bascic computer programming goto gosub etc the characters were hidden within the keys and you had to constantly press the shift key etc.

we also had a couple of acorns they were for the advanced kids.

and we also had 1 bbc b (irrc) and only 1 kid was allowed on that 1 coz he had 1 at home,very bright boy,infact he knew more about it then the computer teacher.

lenny thats a classic m8,im blue very funny. :lol: :lol:

1 of my m8s had a zx81 and we used to skive off to play a so called dinosaur maze game,endless hours of watching block walls turning left and right,oh the fun eh.

fast foreward to now and my middle kid is a budding 'bill gates' has already written an app or his school,is already doing coding that is more then capable in getting him on a course at uni and he is 15,GIT. :rolleyes: :D

i must be getting acient coz i aint got a scooby what hes talking about half the time. :huh:

• Like 1

My bezzy oppo used to have a Spectrum.

3 hours trying to load up Manic Miner or Jet Pack Willy via tape and when we finally got it loaded we'd play it for 10 minutes, get bored & switch it off.

• Like 1

My bezzy oppo used to have a Spectrum.

3 hours trying to load up Manic Miner or Jet Pack Willy via tape and when we finally got it loaded we'd play it for 10 minutes, get bored & switch it off.

My brother had a spectrum too lol his mate had a dual cassette player and used to copy the games on to blank cassettes,

Pacman and space invaders, i think super hang on was another bike racing game too.

I was in nappies back then,

It was a Tech school with Labs and Metal/Wood working shops. ;)

proper school then, ;)

when my eldest was choosing a school we went and had a walk round my old senior school.by god what a change.where there were 2 metal and woodwork rooms there was 1 tiny room that covered everything.so me being me(as a carpenter)said to the teacher where are all the tools?he said this is it :o bejesus ive got more sitting in my garage then they had in this room.

mind you also went to another school who had a rather splendid state of the art gym multi million pound complex,so i asked what they were good at?????after approximatly about 5mins of thinking the teachers came back with 'well where quite good at basket ball'. :o :ermm:

as i work in a private school who would just die for this complex but are always in the local paper for there sports results i also said 'what a waste it was to have it when the teachers are no blooming good' well that went down like a lead ballon. :oops:

• Like 1

Ow

My youngest daughter who's five came home today and says theres a new teacher in school his name is "mr. Loines" or "mr.Tiger" cant remember which dad :lol:

Our metalshop had it's own blacksmithing section and enough lathes to build a warship.

I got an O level for making a hand beaten copper bowl and a gum machine (including a coin accepter).

O level woodwork for building a drop leaf table and a bowsaw. (My old Dad still has the table next to his bed for books 28 years later).

• Like 2

proper school then, ;)

when my eldest was choosing a school we went and had a walk round my old senior school.by god what a change.where there were 2 metal and woodwork rooms there was 1 tiny room that covered everything.so me being me(as a carpenter)said to the teacher where are all the tools?he said this is it :o bejesus ive got more sitting in my garage then they had in this room.

mind you also went to another school who had a rather splendid state of the art gym multi million pound complex,so i asked what they were good at?????after approximatly about 5mins of thinking the teachers came back with 'well where quite good at basket ball'. :o :ermm:

as i work in a private school who would just die for this complex but are always in the local paper for there sports results i also said 'what a waste it was to have it when the teachers are no blooming good' well that went down like a lead ballon. :oops:

Very true though generally schools over here anyway there crying out for funding for resources,

Ine would think sourcing the correct staff wouldn't be an issue

Our metalshop had it's own blacksmithing section and enough lathes to build a warship.

I got an O level for making a hand beaten copper bowl and a gum machine (including a coin accepter).

O level woodwork for building a drop leaf table and a bowsaw. (My old Dad still has the table next to his bed for books 28 years later).

Thats a cool story man,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club