Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Why do they do it?

Beermonster

There is a dual carriage way near me and for some reason people insist on staying it the right hand lane all the way to the roundabout which is about half a mile, the highway code says keep to your left, so why don't people do this? it's the same with some people on motorways staying in the middle or outside lane when there is nothing in the slow lane, maybe it's just bad driving but it really ****** me off.

What's the worse thing people do on the road to annoy you?

**Rant over**

I victimise anybody in my way. Period.

Just stick your full beams on all the way behind , they soon get tired of not being able to see where they are going.

the most annoying thing people do is when they come flying down alongside a line of standing traffic and expect to be let in at the front of the queue because the other lane is closed. i don't mind bikes filtering but this really p***es me off!

I victimise anybody in my way. Period.

Just stick your full beams on all the way behind , they soon get tired of not being able to see where they are going.

What a completely ridiculous attitude. Let's think, who are the drivers most prone to crash? Those who are incompetent or competent?

Here's a good idea, let's make life even harder for those who struggle shall we and blind them? They can just fly off the road and it won't matter because they were in the wrong in the first place.

Yes - it's annoying, but your tactics are plain dangerous and annoy EVERYONE on the road, rather than just you stuck behind someone.

Beermonster - I agree with you. One indicator saying they're turning right and undertaking them cautiously becomes legal. The level of driver education in the country is truly shocking (no offence to driving instructors - you do a great job with what we have)

John - annoying as it may seem if people filtered properly then congestion would be eased considerably. Use either lane (not 'use both lanes' - they're the worst signs in history :lol: ) until the point where one finishes and then filter one from inside lane, one from outside etc. Unfortunately, that's never going to happen, much like turning offside to offside at junctions. <sigh>

I know someone who had quite a serious crash because of being pressured from a car behind flashing in the 3rd lane. The guy behind was merciless and flashed even when there wasn't an oppurtunity for the person in front to get over. In the end he was distracted so much he clipped the barrier on a bend and flipped the car over... With the car who was behind crashing into him.

He was in hospital for 4 months.

Just think about other people on the road rather than just yourself. People with attitudes like Helena's are the reason I'm paying so much for my insurance.

What a completely ridiculous attitude. Let's think, who are the drivers most prone to crash? Those who are incompetent or competent?

Here's a good idea, let's make life even harder for those who struggle shall we and blind them? They can just fly off the road and it won't matter because they were in the wrong in the first place.

Yes - it's annoying, but your tactics are plain dangerous and annoy EVERYONE on the road, rather than just you stuck behind someone.

Beermonster - I agree with you. One indicator saying they're turning right and undertaking them cautiously becomes legal. The level of driver education in the country is truly shocking (no offence to driving instructors - you do a great job with what we have)

John - annoying as it may seem if people filtered properly then congestion would be eased considerably. Use either lane (not 'use both lanes' - they're the worst signs in history :lol: ) until the point where one finishes and then filter one from inside lane, one from outside etc. Unfortunately, that's never going to happen, much like turning offside to offside at junctions. <sigh>

People better use a road CORRECTLY when I'm about then eh :D

If people cant use a road properly they shouldn't use it atall. I don't remember learning to drive in the right hand lane ??? So wheres the struggle?

the most annoying thing people do is when they come flying down alongside a line of standing traffic and expect to be let in at the front of the queue because the other lane is closed. i don't mind bikes filtering but this really p***es me off!

I had that the other day girl nearly crashed into me barging in and the vileness that came out of her mouth was shocking. ''Sorry like because you don't want to wait in a que i'll just let you in'' :lol:

People better use a road CORRECTLY when I'm about then eh :D

If people cant use a road properly they shouldn't use it atall. I don't remember learning to drive in the right hand lane ??? So wheres the struggle?

I don't remember being taught to tailgate whilst flashing your beams in the third lane either...

I know someone who had quite a serious crash because of being pressured from a car behind flashing in the 3rd lane. The guy behind was merciless and flashed even when there wasn't an oppurtunity for the person in front to get over. In the end he was distracted so much he clipped the barrier on a bend and flipped the car over... With the car who was behind crashing into him.

He was in hospital for 4 months.

Just think about other people on the road rather than just yourself. People with attitudes like Helena's are the reason I'm paying so much for my insurance.

Well I will just stop you there, I will not flash somebody if they don't have an oppurtunity to move over I'm not an idiot so your freinds storey isn't really relevent in my case. I'm talking about Left lane empty/lack of traffic but people insisting on sitting in the middle/right lane just out of no consideration for other drivers.

Not only is this kind of selfish road discipline inconsiderate ... Middle/right lane hogging is against the law also.

I do flash people in the middle/right lane because I am trying to over-take in an over-taking lane. End of the day I just want to get to where I'm going at a legal speed of 60-70mph. I have a hetic lifestyle, I can't sit behind self-centred drivers sorry if that annoys any of you.

I was driving back home the other day with wife and kids in the car along the M27/M3, the roads were medium to heavy but maintaining 60-70mph, there was a idiot in a VW van who was tailgating me who decided he wanted to undertake me, but there was a car 10-15ft behind me in the middle lane slowly passing me as she was level with me he went into her lane up her behind too, she was about 10ft in front of me and he wanted her out the way he almost shoved her into lane 1 and less then a foot from taking my front end with him he jumped in front of me, he did not even look in his mirror to see where i was, so then !Removed! ME did i see red i have the most precious cargo on board and this fool nearly wiped us all out in turn to his actions i was right up his behind so i backed off with my full beam on pointing my finger for him to pull over did he no so i got the wife to call the police and reported the idiot end for dangerous driving and the police have informed us they will be prosecuting him for dangerous driving as they also received a call from another concerned motorist so be aware drive with care

I agree that it is annoying and fustrating having people sit in a lane they shouldnt be when they quite clearly move over and obey the highway code. I do think that getting aggressive and flashing is even more of a foolish method of trying to resolve the matter. It does take your attention and concentration of the rest of the road and can cause an accident.

Lets not victimise anyone on here for there behaviour but everyone should always try to be the better driver and avoid any instances that could cause problems or incidents.

Besides i'd be hacked off if i got stuck in traffic due to an accident :P

it really does do my head in when people are crawling along in the middle lane, but if they are doing under 70 i will undertake them because, correct me if im wrong, but its not against the law to undertake someone who is doing less than 70mph on the motorway. But if they are doing 70mph i will over take them, and pull right back into the slow lane to show them what they should be doing!!!

The thing that really grinds my gears when driving is people who do 40mph in a 50 section but when it turns into a 30mph they carry on at 40mph!! and lane disopline GRRRRR there is a roundabout near where i live and the main route goes left but i always go right.... the matey in the left lane ALWAYS comes into my lane, its just lazy!!! good job i got an air horn on my motor! lol

Nuttah - you can undertake when the outside lane is queuing and the inside lane isn't or when someone in the outside is indicating that they intend to turn right at the next opportunity. Other than that - no, the speed makes no difference. If you undertake someone who's doing 70, you're both going against the highway code - you for undertaking and them for not using the inside lane whenever possible.

The rule in question is number 163, which states (among other things)...

only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so

stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left

Part of the problem is the signs on motorways which tell you to 'avoid changing lanes' - I've never understood why they're there.

ah i seeeeeeee...... cheers for that. Im going to have to tell my mates that later. i was only going on what they have told me! wont do that any more. Does make sence now you've told me that, kinda whats the word, SAFER!! :)

What I hate is when your on the slip road and cars zoom up and just miss you as your enterting....

:angry:

I havent had much expereince on motorways or dual carrigeways. I'm too scared to go on them tbh.

I also hate it when people brake suddlendly on the motorway for no reason. Yesterday I was going to Rhyl for the day and this Corsa in front of me just come on from the slip road, I held back so they could come on. The next thing I know she brakes almost like an emergency stop! I was so close to going into the back of her... puts me off going on there tbh.

Everytime I go on the motorway or dual carrigeway summat happens and it really annoys me and scares me at times!

What I hate is when your on the slip road and cars zoom up and just miss you as your enterting....

I havent had much expereince on motorways or dual carrigeways. I'm too scared to go on them tbh.

I also hate it when people brake suddlendly on the motorway for no reason. Yesterday I was going to Rhyl for the day and this Corsa in front of me just come on from the slip road, I held back so they could come on. The next thing I know she brakes almost like an emergency stop! I was so close to going into the back of her... puts me off going on there tbh.

Everytime I go on the motorway or dual carrigeway summat happens and it really annoys me and scares me at times!

i'm not a big fan of motorways either, the first time i went on one some guy came flying down the inside lane and didn't move over despite the fact it was almost empty and the other lanes were free. what got me was how fast he was going, i checked my blind spot and mirrors and he wasn't there, my dad looked and then i was just about to pull on and there he was! disappered soon after!

but yea once you get used to em they are fine, i go on sometimes but i don't really need to use them alot, i tend to go on for a few junctions to make sure i don't get rusty at it lol!

I need to build my confidence up on them me thinks. There is a lot more idiots on there then a normal road. I just stick to the left lane now as I feel a bit more safe. Really get shaken after things happening though. It's not how you drive, it's looking out for others and what they do!

It's not how you drive, it's looking out for others and what they do!

totally agree with you on this, been on the road since the day after my 16th (had a few scooters and bikes) and some of the stupid stuff i've seen people do is unreal! just drive as if everyone is gonna pullout/cut in/hit you in anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

The worst thing other drives do to me is pull out infront of me when i am riding my motorbike. It hurts like hell.

One of the most annoying things is drivers who don't realise that they are causing a tailback because they won't allow others to use both available lanes at roadworks or junctions. If we are talking about specific filter lanes marked as such, then my comments do not apply to your post, but still apply generally. :angry:

At road works if they wanted drivers to form a single lane 2 miles from the roadworks then they would put cones out 2 miles back, at a junction if they wanted a single line of traffic then there would be 1 lane not 2. :blink:

One of the most annoying things is drivers who don't realise that they are causing a tailback because they won't allow others to use both available lanes at roadworks or junctions. If we are talking about specific filter lanes marked as such, then my comments do not apply to your post, but still apply generally. :angry:

At road works if they wanted drivers to form a single lane 2 miles from the roadworks then they would put cones out 2 miles back, at a junction if they wanted a single line of traffic then there would be 1 lane not 2. :blink:

<applauds>

• 1 month later...

The problem lies with you. If you nearly went into the back of her that means you were too close to her and not leaving enough distance. Also people on the motorway have priority, its only common curtosy for people to move over in the middle lane or drop back for you. At my junction for getting on the 57 to work it's a blind corner with a 100 yard slip road (Which isn't big enough to use physically!).. Imagine what I have to put up with everyday...but I just learned that its best to enter a motorway slowly rather than race on to it and hope nothing is coming, always check over your shoulder and not to be afraid of using the hard shoulder if I run out of slip road.

There is a dual carriage way near me and for some reason people insist on staying it the right hand lane all the way to the roundabout which is about half a mile, the highway code says keep to your left, so why don't people do this? it's the same with some people on motorways staying in the middle or outside lane when there is nothing in the slow lane, maybe it's just bad driving but it really ****** me off.

What's the worse thing people do on the road to annoy you?

**Rant over**

puts me off to when i'm out on my bike i take there mirror off with me foot give em the winker sign the ripp off

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club