Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using The Spare Key When Alarm Is On

McBrainless

Hi,

I seem to have misplaced my original key with the remote. I have the factory spare key at hand, but was wondering if the alarm will also be disabled, when I unlock the doors with it?

Just wanted to check if anyone has any experience with this before waking up half of the neighbourhood in my area.

Cheers!

My partner set the alarm off using it the other day, does it need to be inserted in to the ignition within a certain time perhaps?

It will set off the alarm until the key is put in the ignition and turned sadly

+1

The alarm needs to recognise a paired key to deactivate.

As manually unlocking the car doesn't involve any electronic communication between the car and the key the PATS system will sound the alarm within 10 seconds or so unless the key is in the ignition and turned to II.

Great, thanks for the replies. I'll try to get the key in the ignition and turning asap after unlocking the doors then.

Thanks again!

Just tried it.
Doors opened with the secondary key and the engine started without any problems. But the alarm still was on. It stopped after 30seconds and as soon as I moved in the car, the sensors picked that up and the alarm started again. So looks like the backup key doesn't disable the alarm for some reason.

Seems like I need to dig into the manuals then...

If the backup key isnt switching the alarm off it suggests its not properly programmed to the car ide find the remote or get a new one even a cheap eBay one would do but it should switch off the alarm at position 2 and stay off

Got it solved. Maybe the UK cars have different alarm systems.
Here in Estonia the cars came with the SPAL alarm, and the usermanual for this alarm had the instructions how to turn it off without the remote buttons on the key. So got the alarm disabled and I'm able to drive round town and go to the dealer to get a new key.

Cheers for the help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club